• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you want UCF in the Big East?

Do You want UCF in the Big East?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm not afraid of UCF joining. I still think that we would beat them more often than not...

That being said, we have added the only team out there that does add immediate value. I don't think they should add someone just to add them right now.

I agree with sit and wait. If UT does do a major deal, and it pisses off other members and breaks up the Big 12-2 even further, we could get something much more valuable.

If I was marinatto I'd be actively pitching to Mizzou (they want out desperately, but to Big Ten) and others. Would had for an unexpected opportunity to rise only to be straddled with a C-USA team that has a marquee win against a 6-6 C-USA team in transition (although that basketball win they had yesterday might make them look amazing at this second...)

QFT

No need to rush this thing and honestly we got the only team where it was mutually beneficial.  Every other team we have a realistic shot at right now needs the BE more than the BE needs them.  Adding anyone else at this point, that has been mentioned as a realistic possibility, would be a step back after the step forward we just took by getting TCU.  If the Big 12 does indeed end up rupturing we have already put feelers out there to the programs that would be left behind and they would be bigger gets than anyone from CUSA or the other non BCS conferences that we have to chose from now.  The programs that are available now will still be available a few years down the road if/when more expansion and poaching takes place.     

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I've got no problem with it. In all honesty, with them moving up to a BCS conference, I think the rivalry could become one of the best in college football. Say what you want about the recruiting bump you think they'd get, but I think if the rivalry blows up, both teams will see increased recruiting. Not to mention the consistent sellouts it would pull would be good for both sides.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

From the rest of the conference's point of view, it makes sense.  If gives them a trip to Florida every year.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That's also why Houston would make a lot of sense.  Gives the conference a trip to Texas every year.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think it would hurt USF but it would be great for the conference.

It wouldn't hurt just USF, it would the Ville, Rutgirls and WVU, all of them heavily recruit FL and most of their top players are from there.  USF is not the only team that would suffer ... far from it. 

• Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Well what I mean USF recruiting doesnt really hurt other Big East schools.  Kids who want to go out of state or go to other programs from Florida do.  The kids they want to stay local USF is getting Especailly those kids in that orlando or Tampa area because if they are choosing betwenn USF or UCF why wouldnt yiou choose USF since they are in a BCS league.  With UCF in the mix I think it would hurt USF getting those kids.  They would get there fair share but probably not like they get now.

• Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

NO to UCiF

Archived