• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you want UCF in the Big East?

Do You want UCF in the Big East?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this  is great for tcu

dont really see how it helps big east

not good for usf since it makes it harder for us to get to bcs game

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I think more competition is better. having a better SOS can also help. If our team continues to get better and build like we should then we will definitely be in the hunt for the Big East title.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

No. Not at all. I'd like to play them every year but I sure as hell dont want them in the Big East. I'd like Houston or Nova but UCF coming over would be tragic for USF but it'd be epic for UCF.

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

No. Not at all. I'd like to play them every year but I sure as hell dont want them in the Big East. I'd like Houston or Nova but UCF coming over would be tragic for USF but it'd be epic for UCF.

Why?

I mean Holtz was able to take out UCF when he was at ECU, so why would it be any different now?  I'm probably in the minority of USF alums that thinks adding UCF would be a good thing.  For one, it puts five Florida teams in BCS conferences - and the state has the talent to handle it.  It also gives us a rival and isn't much of a trip.  And we still do have an advantage because our players get to play in a NFL stadium and that does help with recruiting.

But if Skip remains our coach then I like our chances period.  I think he can sell the program and be more consistent than O'Leary.  But I do think UCF will be solid and help the BE. 

Though TCU was definitely the right first choice.  No doubt there.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF  AND OTHER big east members had it made

party is over

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

No, not until they fire everyone in the Athletic department for poor leadership abilities.  Their football program has languished and they made the decision to build a high school stadium.

• Content Count:  3,462

No, not until they fire everyone in the Athletic department for poor leadership abilities.  Their football program has languished and they made the decision to build a high school stadium.

Your right...everything they have done...we have done, sucks.  Just cancel your Village....and all the new facilities you are building.

The Jim was a great leader? Really? Every school has its blemishes..we go 'em, you got 'em. Sheesh...Pot, meet kettle. Good luck against UCONN, FWIW, with the new coaching, you guys take them. Last year, no way...this year, you win in November.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Your right...everything they have done...we have done, *****.  Just cancel your Village....and all the new facilities you are building.

The Jim was a great leader? Really? Every school has its blemishes..we go 'em, you got 'em. Sheesh...Pot, meet kettle. Good luck against UCONN, FWIW, with the new coaching, you guys take them. Last year, no way...this year, you win in November.

Footnfan, I've read a lot of your recent posts, and you're way too cordial to be a UCFer. 

Your right...everything they have done...we have done, *****.  Just cancel your Village....and all the new facilities you are building.

The Jim was a great leader? Really? Every school has its blemishes..we go 'em, you got 'em. Sheesh...Pot, meet Kettle. Good luck against UCONN, FWIW, with the new coaching, you guys take them. Last year, no way...this year, you win in November.

Footnfan, I've read a lot of your recent posts, and you're way too cordial to be a UCFer. 

I am a Johhny come lately fan ( 5 years ago)..( my kids go to UCF) .and a ripe age....probably well above everyone here...so I have perspective.

First, I am not a het type. Second, I know two kids ....that play sports at USF....so if I dog USF in any way, in my mind it reflects on them..and I will not allow that to happen in my little world.

But, I am very eager to have a BCS tag......so we can recruit and play again on a level playing field. With that, we can become the 2nd best rivalry in this State..and that will be a VERY god thing. Good luck this wekend.

Sheesh, where are my manners? Thank you!

Archived