• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TWICE NOW!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'm a little concerned that Skip's players are 2 star and unrated recruits. These may not be his players, but other than WR injury issues, there is plenty of talent on this team. I have concerns about his recruiting, and if he doesn't have some big-time success here, he won't be getting any kind of pay day.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I have been defending BJ in other threads, but, I will say, if it comes down to him in the 2-minute drill, I never feel good about it at all. He has never shown me that he is that clutch type guy that can lead a drive at the end of the game for a win.

Hard to run a 2 minute drill when we have one good WR. I was actually surprised that Pitt left Bogan in 1 on 1 coverage so much during the game.

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I don't know if you guys caught it on ESPN, but they showed a late game yelling match between Skip and BJ. It was short, but looked pretty ugly. BJ kept motioning at Skip about a "spike" but I don;t know the timing of when the yelling match took place. I'll bet Skip does not like his QB melting down in front of God and everyone.'

A spike should have been called there, would have time for 2 plays instead of one with a timeout left... somebody should have been yelled at ... it wasn't the qb who melted down.

Triple, I agree completely....who knows, was it called and not carried out, or not called/ we will prob. never know, but on the sidelines they were both yelling...but BJ deemd to be getting in the last word....I just felt bad for both of them having to do this in public. They both were obviously very frustrated.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I have been defending BJ in other threads, but, I will say, if it comes down to him in the 2-minute drill, I never feel good about it at all. He has never shown me that he is that clutch type guy that can lead a drive at the end of the game for a win.

Hard to run a 2 minute drill when we have one good WR. I was actually surprised that Pitt left Bogan in 1 on 1 coverage so much during the game.

Even with just the one good wr, the db doesn't make a great play on Bravo-Brown or Murray catches the ball, BJ may have had his 2-minute drive ...

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It was basically a "hack a Bogan" philosophy.  They were content with giving up 15 and living to fight again rather than giving up a 30+ and possibly a score if Bogan ban break out of the DB's tackle.  They were taking away our only legit threat at WR by denying him the ball using pass interference.  Not a bad strategy honestly, make our offense earn getting into scoring position/scoring  points rather than getting there/them on one or two big plays.  By doing this is also allowed them to not roll the coverage to Bogan's side of the field too often which let their DB's play our other "threats" more honestly making them have to work to get open which they just aren't good at. 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It was basically a "hack a Bogan" philosophy.  They were content with giving up 15 and living to fight again rather than giving up a 30+ and possibly a score if Bogan ban break out of the DB's tackle.  They were taking away our only legit threat at WR by denying him the ball using pass interference.  Not a bad strategy honestly, make our offense earn getting into scoring position/scoring  points rather than getting there/them on one or two big plays.  By doing this is also allowed them to not roll the coverage to Bogan's side of the field too often which let their DB's play our other "threats" more honestly making them have to work to get open which they just aren't good at. 

Still waiting for Lamar or Mitchell to run a pass pattern. 

Hurt my feelings when tv announcer was like Landy isn't fast enough to get open.

Murray would still be running  >:(

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Hurt my feelings when tv announcer was like Landy isn't fast enough to get open.

Why did it hurt your feelings?  Landi is one of the slowest guys on the field.  I think the LBs on the other side are faster than Landi.  He might be a good possession type receiver from the slot on 3rd downs, but he is not a legitimate 2nd receiver.  We really miss Mitchell, Love, and Griffin. 

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Why did it hurt your feelings?  Landi is one of the slowest guys on the field.  I think the LBs on the other side are faster than Landi.  He might be a good possession type receiver from the slot on 3rd downs, but he is not a legitimate 2nd receiver.  We really miss Mitchell, Love, and Griffin. 

Except, at this point, he seems to have some issues holding on to the ball on third downs. If he improves, a guy with his size can be very valuable, regardless of speed. But, at this point, he's not consistent enough catching the ball to really be the go-to guy on third downs. I'd like to see more of Shields and maybe even the tall white dude who's name I have forgotten since he has been a non-factor all year. They got him on the field a little yesterday, which made me know that it was going to be a run.

(I do know that his name is Knowles, but, it has more effect the other way)

Archived