• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TWICE NOW!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,654
  • Days Won:  424

- There is no way B-B could have caught it. The db perfectly timed pinning his arms to his chest. He made a great albeit illegal play.

Thanks, I'm going to take your word for it. One of the first things I do after a loss is delete it from the DVR. I can't rewatch losses, especially in close games. I did rewatch the Florida game a week after it happened, but I didn't enjoy it.

LOL ... I usually do to but this one had some things I wanted to look back at.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Murray would still be running. BJ had 4 guys in his face so it would have been 7 on 10, but we can't catch the ball when we need to.

Also, do Lamar and/or Mitchell run any patterns at all. These are 2 of the fastest guys in the Big East and we can only get them the ball on end arounds, pitches, screens, kickoff and punt returns ??? I'm at a loss here

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Murray would still be running. BJ had 4 guys in his face so it would have been 7 on 10, but we can't catch the ball when we need to.

Also, do Lamar and/or Mitchell run any patterns at all. These are 2 of the fastest guys in the Big East and we can only get them the ball on end arounds, pitches, screens, kickoff and punt returns ??? I'm at a loss here

Yeah the play call and convoy was there on that pass to Murray, it's a shame he couldn't squeeze that. 

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

That was a weekday night game and that was very similar except we went up late in the game only to have the defense turn in to swiss cheese in the last drive and they ran right through us for the winning score.

so, like today's game? Of course we were only tied, but right after we scored to tie it up, our defense melted and gave it right back.

To comment on the issue in general, I don't think it's fair to say that it was BJ's fault solely that we lost, or that the end-of-game fiasco cost us the game.  What reasonable proof do you have that we would have otherwise completed the late TD drive, let alone won in OT?

We lost for a number of reasons and BJ had a part in it and he will naturally take the heat as the QB, but the mistakes certainly went beyond him.

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I don't know if you guys caught it on ESPN, but they showed a late game yelling match between Skip and BJ. It was short, but looked pretty ugly. BJ kept motioning at Skip about a "spike" but I don;t know the timing of when the yelling match took place. I'll bet Skip does not like his QB melting down in front of God and everyone.'

Bottom line is that Skip is playing with someone elses players. This is a conversion year for the players...I would think that for each of the next two seasons, Skip will bring inplayers that will do what he needs to get done. Skip has a great track record....wish we had him at UCF.

I also think he is more than a little like Mr Bama coach....if he has success at USF, he will be off to cash the next big check.

Beat the Canes....and thise new uniforms....OMG.

Go Knights

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Bottom line is that Skip is playing with someone elses players. This is a conversion year for the players...I would think that for each of the next two seasons, Skip will bring inplayers that will do what he needs to get done. Skip has a great track record....wish we had him at UCF.

I also think he is more than a little like Mr Bama coach....if he has success at USF, he will be off to cash the next big check.

Go Knights

Wow a knights fan that makes more sense than some bulls fans :) Not sure if he will bolt right away, he might if the job was Notre Dame though.....

Guest nybullsfan

Go Knights

Wow a knights fan that makes more sense than some bulls fans :) Not sure if he will bolt right away, he might if the job was Notre Dame though.....

ND is prolly the only place Skip would jump to ATM, but Kelly seems to be turning that program around.

We have Skip for at least 5 years, and hopefully by that time he has helped mold USF into a destination school.

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Go Knights

ND is prolly the only place Skip would jump to ATM, but Kelly seems to be turning that program around.

We have Skip for at least 5 years, and hopefully by that time he has helped mold USF into a destination school.

ND makes sense...but I would expect the next stop to be an SEC school with LOTS of booster money.  Bama, LSU, but I feel certain ( which means zero) that USF is just the next stepping stone to the HUGE payday. Next year should be better right up to the end of his term.....just my lamo fan opinion!!

Go Knights...darn SEC, C-USA will get booted forom the Liberty and a nice payday..bank on it!

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Go Knights...darn SEC, C-USA will get booted forom the Liberty and a nice payday..bank on it!

Well, if Tennessee beats Kentucky OR Georgia beats Georgia Tech next week, than the SEC has nine bowl eligible teams and can't force the Liberty to take a Big East team. At least, that's the way I understand it.

I hope you're right though, I'd rather a Big East team takes that spot. :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,654
  • Days Won:  424

I don't know if you guys caught it on ESPN, but they showed a late game yelling match between Skip and BJ. It was short, but looked pretty ugly. BJ kept motioning at Skip about a "spike" but I don;t know the timing of when the yelling match took place. I'll bet Skip does not like his QB melting down in front of God and everyone.'

A spike should have been called there, would have time for 2 plays instead of one with a timeout left... somebody should have been yelled at ... it wasn't the qb who melted down.

Archived