• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Regarding 2011 Home and future Home schedules.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

give me quality over quantity any day.

I hate paying good money for 3 bums every year.

Pay Boise State $1M instead of UTEP $650k. Boise Stae would easily sell 60-65k compared to UTEP at maybe 40k.

Not to mention the extra demand for ticket packages like they sold to Miami game last year.

the additional 25k tickets at $20 each would be an additional $500k in USFs pocket. That more than offsets the $350k difference in payouts.

oh well. who wants to see a top 5 team that's talked about in the MNC discussion every year.

at least he went with a middle of the road c-usa team and not a bottom of the barrel sunbelt team.

What makes you think that would happen?  If you could guarantee it, it sounds like a good plan.  But I doubt that we would get close to a sell out for Boise St.  If you aren't a big time football fan (and there doesn't seem to be ton of them excluding UF, FSU and Miami fans in the area), the difference between UTEP and Boise wouldn't be as great as you think.  IMO.  Maybe 10K - 12K but close to a sell out?  Not so much.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Pay Boise State $1M instead of UTEP $650k. Boise Stae would easily sell 60-65k compared to UTEP at maybe 40k.

Not to mention the extra demand for ticket packages like they sold to Miami game last year.

the additional 25k tickets at $20 each would be an additional $500k in USFs pocket. That more than offsets the $350k difference in payouts.

oh well. who wants to see a top 5 team that's talked about in the MNC discussion every year.

at least he went with a middle of the road c-usa team and not a bottom of the barrel sunbelt team.

What makes you think that would happen?  If you could guarantee it, it sounds like a good plan.  But I doubt that we would get close to a sell out for Boise St.  If you aren't a big time football fan (and there doesn't seem to be ton of them excluding UF, FSU and Miami fans in the area), the difference between UTEP and Boise wouldn't be as great as you think.  IMO.  Maybe 10K - 12K but close to a sell out?  Not so much.

you don't think a program that is ranked in the top 5 and has been undefeated for 3 regular seasons straight would outdraw a 6-4 c-usa team that we have no history with by a considerable amount? I could bring 10 extras easily.

sure maybe if you brought in southern miss or ecu or ucf but not UTEP.

BTW a boise state game could be on national TV and would get paid for being on national TV. a UTEP game would be lucky to be on brighthouse 47.

IMO it's a risk worth taking. go to espn and they would jump at this game.that's probably and extra $200k right there.  I would be much happier as a season ticket holder with this type of opponent and I have plenty of UF and FSU friends that like to come to big games but wouldn't show for a game against UTEP.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

you don't think a program that is ranked in the top 5 and has been undefeated for 3 regular seasons straight would outdraw a 6-4 c-usa team that we have no history with by a considerable amount? I could bring 10 extras easily.

BTW a boise state game could be on national TV and would get paid for being on national TV. a UTEP game would be lucky to be on brighthouse 47.

IMO it's a risk worth taking. go to espn and they would jump at this game.that's probably and extra $200k right there.  I would be much happier as a season ticket holder with this type of opponent and I have plenty of UF and FSU friends that like to come to big games but wouldn't show for a game against UTEP.

What if they wanted to put it on Wednesday night?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Bull94, you're making a lot of assumptions.  First, that Boise State would come.  Second and third, that they would do a one and done and for $1 mil.  Fourth, that it would be on national TV, while BSU is a national draw right now, we are not.  Fifth, that ESPN would, "jump" on this and lastly, that we would sell out this game.

It is extremely naive to believe that we could approach any team and they would just jump at playing us at our house.  Scheduling is far more difficult than you think.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Our first pay for play 1A opponent next season shows our slow growth.

When you play the high profile road game that we do in week 1 you have some money to spend in order to bring a lesser opponent to Tampa.

Not sure we can do this when the Big East goes to 10 teams if there will be 9 league games.

Why not? Lots of other BCS conference's have teams with 7 home games year after year.

Sure we could get 7 home games in years where we'd have 5 Big East home games (assuming a 10 team league plays 9 conference games).

I'm just saying that we're not yet in a financial position to be doing what we did with UTEP year in and year out.

We have 7 home games this season and it's safe to say that none of the OOC games were intriguing of an opponent at all.

This is - likely- what USF would do:

9 Big East games

1 BCS opponent at home/away (home when USF plays 5 road Big East games, away when USF has 5 home conference games)

1 non-BCS opponent at home (it's possible the non-BCS opponent would be away if the BCS opponent is home AND there are 5 Big East home games)

1 FCS opponent at home (sorry, but as long as it counts towards bowl eligibility every year, USF will do what 100+ other teams do)

It may not happen EVERY year... but my guess is we'll see 7 home games more often than not.

any chance we'd ever see 8 home games?   >:D

Yes, if the Big East expands or if we are scooped up by the ACC when the BEast sinks.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

You're such a troublemaker.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

Bull94, you're making a lot of assumptions.  First, that Boise State would come.  Second and third, that they would do a one and done and for $1 mil.  Fourth, that it would be on national TV, while BSU is a national draw right now, we are not.  Fifth, that ESPN would, "jump" on this and lastly, that we would sell out this game.

It is extremely naive to believe that we could approach any team and they would just jump at playing us at our house.  Scheduling is far more difficult than you think.

You're thinking small! Hell yeah! I'm in for Boise State! $1 million? Hell yes $1 million! That's how we roll! USF makin' it rain up in this *****!  Call 'em up, let's make this happen!  Be sure to tell ESPN that it'll be scheduled on a Saturday at 7pm and no we're not moving it because we're ******* USF baby! Suck it! 

That's how it works right? Like 2 phone calls and an email? Done deal?

Boise state wants games against BCS competition. While it's no guarantee, they would certainly consider it.

they wanted Nebraska to pay $1m for a one and done. I think they would prefer a home and away which i wouldn't mind and that makes payout moot.

we have 3 games on ESPN national TV this year. Boise State vs virginai tech drew a 7.3 rating (tied highest ever since florida state- miami 16 years ago). I think ESPN/ABC would make room for this game.

I didn't say a sellout. I said it would outdraw UTEP by 20-25k fans.

that would suck but still better than playing UTEP.

You're thinking small! Hell yeah! I'm in for Boise State! $1 million? Hell yes $1 million! That's how we roll! USF makin' it rain up in this *****!  Call 'em up, let's make this happen!  Be sure to tell ESPN that it'll be scheduled on a Saturday at 7pm and no we're not moving it because we're ******* USF baby! Suck it! 

That's how it works right? Like 2 phone calls and an email? Done deal?

apparently you know how "difficult' it is to schedule. i believe we got an FSU deal pretty easily and at the last minute(we signed 8 months before the actual game). virginia tech signed their deal with boise state at the last minute last year after syracuse backed out.where there is a will there is a way.

BTW ole miss got boise state for a one and done next year for $900k. $250k more than UTEP cost us. they signed that in may. I bet they would rather play us in Tampa than play toledo in toledo.

I'd rather go the virginia tech - miami route. schedule tough competition to make a name for yourself. you guys are happy playing sunbelt and c-usa teams.

Archived