• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Regarding 2011 Home and future Home schedules.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You guys are happy playing sunbelt and c-usa teams.

I don't think anyone is happy about that

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Bull94, you're making a lot of assumptions.  First, that Boise State would come.  Second and third, that they would do a one and done and for $1 mil.  Fourth, that it would be on national TV, while BSU is a national draw right now, we are not.  Fifth, that ESPN would, "jump" on this and lastly, that we would sell out this game.

It is extremely naive to believe that we could approach any team and they would just jump at playing us at our house.  Scheduling is far more difficult than you think.

Boise state wants games against BCS competition. While it's no guarantee, they would certainly consider it.

they wanted Nebraska to pay $1m for a one and done. I think they would prefer a home and away which i wouldn't mind and that makes payout moot.

we have 3 games on ESPN national TV this year. Boise State vs virginai tech drew a 7.3 rating (tied highest ever since florida state- miami 16 years ago). I think ESPN/ABC would make room for this game.

I didn't say a sellout. I said it would outdraw UTEP by 20-25k fans.

There's really no reasoning with you, is there?  You're comparing games with Nebraska and VaTech to a game with USF.  There a whole lot more upside for BSU in those games than in a game with us.  Again, if scheduling were that easy, we'd be playing Florida every year.

apparently you know how "difficult' it is to schedule. i believe we got an FSU deal pretty easily and at the last minute(we signed 8 months before the actual game). virginia tech signed their deal with boise state at the last minute last year after syracuse backed out.where there is a will there is a way.

BTW ole miss got boise state for a one and done next year for $900k. $250k more than UTEP cost us. they signed that in may. I bet they would rather play us in Tampa than play toledo in toledo.

I'd rather go the virginia tech - miami route. schedule tough competition to make a name for yourself. you guys are happy playing sunbelt and c-usa teams.

Just because we got a two game series with FSU doesn't mean it was easy to do.  I guess you'd be happy with 4-5 home games a year, because that is what it would take to go the Miami, VaTech route.  Additionally, it's a whole different landscape in college football than it was then.

Also, as far as Boise State is concerned, a game against a middle of the road SEC team is a lot better than a middle of the road Big East team.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Bull94, you're making a lot of assumptions.  First, that Boise State would come.  Second and third, that they would do a one and done and for $1 mil.  Fourth, that it would be on national TV, while BSU is a national draw right now, we are not.  Fifth, that ESPN would, "jump" on this and lastly, that we would sell out this game.

It is extremely naive to believe that we could approach any team and they would just jump at playing us at our house.  Scheduling is far more difficult than you think.

Boise state wants games against BCS competition. While it's no guarantee, they would certainly consider it.

they wanted Nebraska to pay $1m for a one and done. I think they would prefer a home and away which i wouldn't mind and that makes payout moot.

we have 3 games on ESPN national TV this year. Boise State vs virginai tech drew a 7.3 rating (tied highest ever since florida state- miami 16 years ago). I think ESPN/ABC would make room for this game.

I didn't say a sellout. I said it would outdraw UTEP by 20-25k fans.

There's really no reasoning with you, is there?  You're comparing games with Nebraska and VaTech to a game with USF.  There a whole lot more upside for BSU in those games than in a game with us.  Again, if scheduling were that easy, we'd be playing Florida every year.

they signed a one and done with ole miss. is that better for you? are we not in ole miss' league?

they are playing a home and away with Toledo. Do we compare to toledo?

you're comparing Florida to boise State? really??? do you think florida would play a one and done at ole miss? or a home and away with toledo?

Also, as far as Boise State is concerned, a game against a middle of the road SEC team is a lot better than a middle of the road Big East team.

how about the home and away against toledo? do we not stack up to them?

apparently you know how "difficult' it is to schedule. i believe we got an FSU deal pretty easily and at the last minute(we signed 8 months before the actual game). virginia tech signed their deal with boise state at the last minute last year after syracuse backed out.where there is a will there is a way.

BTW ole miss got boise state for a one and done next year for $900k. $250k more than UTEP cost us. they signed that in may. I bet they would rather play us in Tampa than play toledo in toledo.

I'd rather go the virginia tech - miami route. schedule tough competition to make a name for yourself. you guys are happy playing sunbelt and c-usa teams.

Just because we got a two game series with FSU doesn't mean it was easy to do.  I guess you'd be happy with 4-5 home games a year, because that is what it would take to go the Miami, VaTech route.  Additionally, it's a whole different landscape in college football than it was then.

Miami has 6 home games. that's standard. I know everybody thinks we should play 7 or 8 against crappy competition but 6 is standard. they play 11 BCS teams. we play 8.

we signed our deal 8 months before we played FSU. Boise state would move a game against toledo in a heartbeat to get us on their schedule.

I don't know what happened in the Toledo deal, so I can't answer that.  Also, I don't know when that deal was signed.  You seam to have all of the answers.  Why don't we have a one and one with Boise State?

Boise state would move a game against toledo in a heartbeat to get us on their schedule.

And you know this, how?

I don't know what happened in the Toledo deal, so I can't answer that.  Also, I don't know when that deal was signed.  You seam to have all of the answers.  Why don't we have a one and one with Boise State?

because woolard would rather schedule western kentucky and ball state to one and ones. they are easy wins.we need easy wins to guarantee bowl games. No AD or coach was ever fired for getting to a bowl game.

it's the bill snyder way. schedule easy OOC games. inflate your win/loss record and have a field named after you.

Archived