• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Regarding 2011 Home and future Home schedules.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,643
  • Days Won:  29

Our first pay for play 1A opponent next season shows our slow growth.

It gives us a 7th home game, which gives us more money - hopefully each season we have a 7th home game.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

When you play the high profile road game that we do in week 1 you have some money to spend in order to bring a lesser opponent to Tampa.

Not sure we can do this when the Big East goes to 10 teams if there will be 9 league games.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

UTEP will be a decent opponent.....Price is a good coach, so I like the approach....should get us warmed up for BE play.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

When you play the high profile road game that we do in week 1 you have some money to spend in order to bring a lesser opponent to Tampa.

Not sure we can do this when the Big East goes to 10 teams if there will be 9 league games.

Why not? Lots of other BCS conference's have teams with 7 home games year after year.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Why not? Lots of other BCS conference's have teams with 7 home games year after year.

Sure we could get 7 home games in years where we'd have 5 Big East home games (assuming a 10 team league plays 9 conference games).

I'm just saying that we're not yet in a financial position to be doing what we did with UTEP year in and year out.

We have 7 home games this season and it's safe to say that none of the OOC games were intriguing of an opponent at all.

Sure we could get 7 home games in years where we'd have 5 Big East home games (assuming a 10 team league plays 9 conference games).

I'm just saying that we're not yet in a financial position to be doing what we did with UTEP year in and year out.

We have 7 home games this season and it's safe to say that none of the OOC games were intriguing of an opponent at all.

This is - likely- what USF would do:

9 Big East games

1 BCS opponent at home/away (home when USF plays 5 road Big East games, away when USF has 5 home conference games)

1 non-BCS opponent at home (it's possible the non-BCS opponent would be away if the BCS opponent is home AND there are 5 Big East home games)

1 FCS opponent at home (sorry, but as long as it counts towards bowl eligibility every year, USF will do what 100+ other teams do)

It may not happen EVERY year... but my guess is we'll see 7 home games more often than not.

• Content Count:  4,642

9 Big East games

1 BCS opponent at home/away (home when USF plays 5 road Big East games, away when USF has 5 home conference games)

1 non-BCS opponent at home (it's possible the non-BCS opponent would be away if the BCS opponent is home AND there are 5 Big East home games)

1 FCS opponent at home (sorry, but as long as it counts towards bowl eligibility every year, USF will do what 100+ other teams do)

It may not happen EVERY year... but my guess is we'll see 7 home games more often than not.

any chance we'd ever see 8 home games?  >:D

• Content Count:  809

9 Big East games

any chance we'd ever see 8 home games?   >:D

I think that'd be pushing it, because of the cost of using RJS. But who knows, it could possibly balance itself out.

I would personally like to see 7 home games and possibly a neutral site game in the state (which could potentially be an 8th home game).

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

give me quality over quantity any day.

I hate paying good money for 3 bums every year.

Pay Boise State $1M instead of UTEP $650k. Boise Stae would easily sell 60-65k compared to UTEP at maybe 40k.

Not to mention the extra demand for ticket packages like they sold to Miami game last year.

the additional 25k tickets at $20 each would be an additional $500k in USFs pocket. That more than offsets the $350k difference in payouts.

oh well. who wants to see a top 5 team that's talked about in the MNC discussion every year.

at least he went with a middle of the road c-usa team and not a bottom of the barrel sunbelt team.

Archived