• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Regarding 2011 Home and future Home schedules.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Boise state would move a game against toledo in a heartbeat to get us on their schedule.

And you know this, how?

because they have publicly stated that they want to add BCS programs to their schedule.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Boise state would move a game against toledo in a heartbeat to get us on their schedule.

And you know this, how?

because they have publicly stated that they want to add BCS programs to their schedule.

Have they stated that they would move Toledo to get that?  Have they said that they wanted us?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

give me quality over quantity any day.

I hate paying good money for 3 bums every year.

Pay Boise State $1M instead of UTEP $650k. Boise Stae would easily sell 60-65k compared to UTEP at maybe 40k.

Not to mention the extra demand for ticket packages like they sold to Miami game last year.

the additional 25k tickets at $20 each would be an additional $500k in USFs pocket. That more than offsets the $350k difference in payouts.

oh well. who wants to see a top 5 team that's talked about in the MNC discussion every year.

at least he went with a middle of the road c-usa team and not a bottom of the barrel sunbelt team.

What makes you think that would happen?  If you could guarantee it, it sounds like a good plan.  But I doubt that we would get close to a sell out for Boise St.  If you aren't a big time football fan (and there doesn't seem to be ton of them excluding UF, FSU and Miami fans in the area), the difference between UTEP and Boise wouldn't be as great as you think.  IMO.  Maybe 10K - 12K but close to a sell out?  Not so much.

you don't think a program that is ranked in the top 5 and has been undefeated for 3 regular seasons straight would outdraw a 6-4 c-usa team that we have no history with by a considerable amount? I could bring 10 extras easily.

sure maybe if you brought in southern miss or ecu or ucf but not UTEP.

BTW a boise state game could be on national TV and would get paid for being on national TV. a UTEP game would be lucky to be on brighthouse 47.

IMO it's a risk worth taking. go to espn and they would jump at this game.that's probably and extra $200k right there.  I would be much happier as a season ticket holder with this type of opponent and I have plenty of UF and FSU friends that like to come to big games but wouldn't show for a game against UTEP.

What if they wanted to put it on Wednesday night?

You're such a troublemaker.

You know **** well you were thinking the same thing ...  :D

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

And you know this, how?

Yes they did.  I have a sneaking suspicion they weren't talking about USF when they said it.  They just signed a deal with Mich. St. for $1.2 million for 2012 followed by games in 2022 and 2023.  Two games at MSU, one game at Boise.  Is that the type of deal you think Boise would sign with us? It's being played on a Friday by the way.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

And you know this, how?

Yes they did.  I have a sneaking suspicion they weren't talking about USF when they said it.  They just signed a deal with Mich. St. for $1.2 million for 2012 followed by games in 2022 and 2023.  Two games at MSU, one game at Boise.  Is that the type of deal you think Boise would sign with us? It's being played on a Friday by the way.

they are playing a home and home with Toledo from the MAC so yes i could see them possibly signing  a 2 for 1 but at a higher cost.

they play ole miss next year for a one and done for $900k.

they were talking about BCS teams( i believe we are still BCS, correct?)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,638
  • Days Won:  29

THis is not what I intended when I started this thread  :P

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

THis is not what I intended when I started this thread  :P

Then you haven't been paying attention the last week or so ....  ;)

Guest nybullsfan

guys, please stop feeeding the bull94 troll. it's even worse when reading these threads from the phone because the 'ignore' function doesn't work. thx!

Archived