• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East still possible?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Wow, prepare for a huge meltdown on this board if we lose another game this season.

I don't think anyone is really expecting USF to win the Big East.  The thread was about whether or not it was still hypothetically possible.

I'm just hoping we can manage to win @ Louisville.  If we win there, I'll start thinking about the possibilities of beating Pitt.  I think the Louisville game is a coin flip at best.  I don't feel too good about it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah its possible but our defense needs to be more consistent.

Offense is getting better so thats good it seems.

Pitt so far is by far the best team in the big east, we will learn alot durring that game.

A 3rd or 2nd place finish would make me happy after the way we started big east play.

By far the best? I don't know about that, they've beaten Syracuse, Louisville, and Rutgers generally considered the worst teams in the conference. I think they'll have trouble with WVU as always, we could give them trouble, and even Cincy may give them a whole lot of trouble with how bad Pitt's secondary is. If it's a shootout, Cincy has a chance.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wow, prepare for a huge meltdown on this board if we lose another game this season.

I don't think anyone is really expecting USF to win the Big East.  The thread was about whether or not it was still hypothetically possible.

Come on, you've been on here long enough to know better than that.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Well, I see your point, but I responded hypothetically.  The thread will be even better when we lose to Louisville talking about all the ways we can tie for first at 4-3 in conference.

Guest nybullsfan

Well, I see your point, but I responded hypothetically.  The thread will be even better when we lose to Louisville talking about all the ways we can tie for first at 4-3 in conference.

Now, THAT's funny!

But irrelevant, since we're going to run the table, and be the first 3-loss team in the MNC!!!!  >:D

• Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

Who is this redbird guy and why is he peeing on our parade? Did I miss something?

• Content Count:  1,037

Here is how it'll go down:

Pitt loses 1

Syracuse loses 2

WVU loses 1

USF wins out and takes the Big East Championship outright. :)

You'd need Pitt to lose another one for USF to win it outright

I thought if we both ended up 5-2 we'd own the tiebreaker (if we beat them) and we'd win it outirght, no?

To me, an "outright" championship means no one is tied at the top.

ah yes i agree with that thinking as well but as long as we go be bcs bowling id be happy!

Guest nybullsfan

Here is how it'll go down:

Pitt loses 1

Syracuse loses 2

WVU loses 1

USF wins out and takes the Big East Championship outright. :)

You'd need Pitt to lose another one for USF to win it outright

I thought if we both ended up 5-2 we'd own the tiebreaker (if we beat them) and we'd win it outirght, no?

To me, an "outright" championship means no one is tied at the top.

ah yes i agree with that thinking as well but as long as we go be bcs bowling id be happy!

I'll be ecstatic if we get to ANY bowl this year.

• Content Count:  1,386

I'll be ecstatic if we get to ANY bowl this year.

Exactly!

Archived