• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East still possible?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

If we run the table what are the min. loses  Pitt, SY, and WVU would need in order for us to be conference champs?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Pitt would have to lose 1 more

Syracuse would have to lose 2 more (1 more if you end up in certain tie breakers)

WVU 1 more

• Content Count:  4,642

very awesome dream!  hopefully it can come true.

Syracuse (1 more if you end up in certain tie breakers)

Can you explain? I thought since they beat us if they end with the same record they win? What did I miss?

Thanks,

• Content Count:  471

Not sure a USF with loses to Cuse and Wvu thus far would be good for the conference in a BCS game.  I think Pitt will be the BCS rep for the Big East.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure a USF with loses to Cuse and Wvu thus far would be good for the conference in a BCS game.  I think Pitt will be the BCS rep for the Big East.

Doesn't matter who is good for it... it isn't arbitrarily picked based on who is best for it.  We aren't out of the picture, but a lot would have to happen to overtake pitt and cuse, including us beating Pitt/Conn/@Lville. 

• Content Count:  3,475

I think if Syracuse and West Virginia each lose one more, and Pitt loses two more (including one to USF), then the Bulls win the conference as long as they win out in conference games. This puts USF, Pitt and Syracuse at a three-way tie where all three are 1-1 against each other, and it would come down to highest BCS ranking. I think USF would likely have the highest ranking in this scenario, and a win over Miami would almost assure that.

It's even possible USF could prevail in a four-way tiebreaker if Syracuse and Pitt lose but West Virginia does not. For USF to not have to rely on BCS standings, then Syracuse needs to lose two, West Virginia needs to lose two, and Pitt needs to lose two (one of them to USF).

• Content Count:  3,475

Syracuse (1 more if you end up in certain tie breakers)

Can you explain? I thought since they beat us if they end with the same record they win? What did I miss?

Thanks,

If there is a three-way tie (or more) and all three teams have the same total record against each other, the tiebreaker goes to BCS standings. For example, Pitt, Syracuse, and USF would all be 1-1 against each other if those three were to end up tied atop the standings.

I see... didn't know the BCS part. Thanks to everyone for answering the question.

• Content Count:  471

Yeah I agree it doesnt matter.  I just think Pitt and the Cuse are playing the best ball right now and Pitt hammered the Cuse.  I think the BCS rep will be one of  them.  Usf will probabaly be 3rd or 4th.

Archived