• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East still possible?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

If it goes to a 3 or 4 way tie, none of us may be in the BCS standings - wonder what they would do then?  The BE may send the first unranked team to a BCS bowl.

They can still calculate BCS rankings, even if none of the teams are in the top 25. They could rank all 120 FBS teams from first to last if they wanted, because the computers rank all of them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565

Here is how it'll go down:

Pitt loses 1

Syracuse loses 2

WVU loses 1

USF wins out and takes the Big East Championship outright. :)

You'd need Pitt to lose another one for USF to win it outright

If it goes to a 3 or 4 way tie, none of us may be in the BCS standings - wonder what they would do then?  The BE may send the first unranked team to a BCS bowl.

The 4 team scenario I mention would not have to use the BCS ranking as a tie breaker.

A 3 team scenario would if all teams have a 1-1 record in the head to head matchups. (Which is what the Big XII did 2 season ago)

• Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Wow you guys beat a Cincy team that is 3-5 and is obviously horrible defensivley a Rutgers team with a freshmen Qb at home and now its talk about tie breakers for the BCS.  I like your optimism.  I need some of that stuff.

Wow you guys beat a Cincy team that is 3-5 and is obviously horrible defensivley a Rutgers team with a freshmen Qb at home and now its talk about tie breakers for the BCS.  I like your optimism.  I need some of that stuff.

Nothing wrong with the optimism. It's much better seeing that than what we had on here a few weeks ago.

• Content Count:  2,478

I think he's just jealous that the UL message board is DEAD

You got me.  Speaking of dead how many people were at the game last night? 

• Content Count:  3,475

I think he's just jealous that the UL message board is DEAD

I think he's bitter about what happened when Louisville played that same 3-5 Cincinnati team at home...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I wouldn't want us to win the Big East this year at this point. I love our team, and if we had 100 losing seasons ya'll know I'd still have season tickets (yeah, even from the grave). But we're in a transition year, and let's face it, we've squeaked by a few wins over a few mediocre Big East teams (as exciting as they were and jubilant as I am over them) and lost to a few other mediocre Big East teams. I wouldn't want to be the conference BCS rep this year, because in all likelihood whoever the BE sends to a BCS bowl is gonna get their butts handed to them by whoever they play. I don't want us to be that team. Cincy embarrassed our league last year in their bowl game. Let Pitt get embarrassed this year; let our conference title come in a year when we really deserve it and can stand tall with anyone else in the country (which I hope will be very soon!). I'm just ecstatic we'll likely be going to a bowl game this year; I've really been hoping for a return trip to Charlotte. That was a great time! Of course, I wouldn't argue with Champs either, and frankly, I enjoyed myself a lot at Birmingham too (I've been to every USF bowl game). I wasn't sure what I'd do if we'd had to stay home for the holidays after bowl games for every year since joining the BE!

For the record, I'm hoping we can beat Louisville and UConn, but definitely expect us to lose to Pitt and Miami. Anyone who honestly thinks we're a shoo-in to beat Pitt or Miami is being a bit too optimistic, IMO. Do we have a shot if we play lights-out? Sure, this team always has the potential to surprise. But I wouldn't bet my bowl game spending money on it!

Im not bitter about Cincy.  Heck our fiield goal kicker missed I think 4 field goals that night if he makes at least 3 we win but we didnt.  Even if we did beat Cincy and Uconn back to back I dont think we would be talking BCS but like I said I like your optimism.  I still think Pitt is probabaly the best team in the conference at this point.  As bad as the Big East has been no wins over anyone in the conference is really spectacular but It would be good if at least our BCS rep is undefeated in the conference.  At least this year.

Archived