• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East still possible?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

We either need Pitt to drop 1 outside of us and Syracuse to drop 2 more as well as WVU dropping another in order to outright win the conference (assuming 2 others aren't tied with us). However, we only need Pitt to drop one outside of us and Syracuse to drop another one and hope we win the BCS standing tie breaker, which I think a win of Miami would provide. Personally, I'll be shocked if any team finishes 7-0 or 6-1.

The winner of this league will probably be 5-2 the most difficult part for us will be whether we can run the table the rest of the way, if we do we'll win the conference as we'd have the most total wins and the most impressive win (vs. Miami).

For as good as Pitt has looked in BE play they've started play with the 3 worst teams in the conference. They could start dropping games quickly as they get into the meat of their schedule.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Syracuse (1 more if you end up in certain tie breakers)

Can you explain? I thought since they beat us if they end with the same record they win? What did I miss?

Thanks,

The simplest way for us to win in this event is also the most complicated in terms of it actually happening.

USF wins out

Rutgers wins out

Syracause wins all Big East games except Rutgers

Pitt losses a second game

WVU loses a 3rd game eliminating them from the Big East title.

In this 4 team tie breaker scenario USF and Pitt would have 2-1 head to head record against the other 3 teams and Syracuse and Rutgers would be 1-2, thus eliminating Syracuse and Rutgers. USF and Pitt would then use the head to head tie breaker between the 2 teams and USF would hold it, thus being the Big East champion.

You don't want a 3 team tie breaker where BCS points might factor in.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Unless Pitt really chokes...I think the Big East is there's for the taking. I love the progress we are making as a team thou, and I think we can make a serious run for it next year.

• Content Count:  10,565

Unless Pitt really chokes...I think the Big East is there's for the taking.

We beat them and they lose to their arch rival WVU and it's a whole new race for the title.

• Content Count:  3,475

Unless Pitt really chokes...I think the Big East is there's for the taking. I love the progress we are making as a team thou, and I think we can make a serious run for it next year.

If USF beats them, then all it takes is one other Pitt loss (and other stuff from other teams, of course). Three of Pitt's final four games are on the road, and the home game is West Virginia, who I'm sure would love to cost Pitt the conference title after what happened in 2007. USF gets them at home. I really don't think it's so crazy to suggest USF can win this conference. Pitt is still the favorite for sure, but this can happen.

• Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Only thing is when you take that loss in the ville next weekend thats going to hurt your chances.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

so when do we start the NC talk?  ;D

• Content Count:  3,475

Only thing is when you take that loss in the ville next weekend thats going to hurt your chances.

A road team has to win in this series eventually. Obviously it's not going to be the Cardinals, so it's just matter of when the Bulls decide to pull the trigger. Now is as good a time as any. ;)

Archived