• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Horsecollar???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

The 15 yard penalty that was on USF (seemed like 30 yards).. was that for horsecollar?  I was at the game and they didn't show any replays.  Looked to me like the Rutgers guy was grabbed by the back of the jersey around the numbers and not up by the collar.

And.. that all asked.. what's with them not showing the replays on the jumbotron?  Being at the game is suppoed to be better than watching on tv..  no replays at the stadium makes it almost better to just watch at home..

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

It was an obvious horsecollar penalty. The refs got it right.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It was the right call.  The penalty was extremely damaging to USF on that drive, but it was correct.

The penalty to complain about was the personal foul on McClain for taking his helmet off later in the drive.

• Content Count:  21,333
  • Days Won:  10

Stadium showed a replay and it looked like he grabed the shirt and pulled him down.  He clearly did not have the pad because the shirt was pulling away as he took him down.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It was an obvious horsecollar penalty. The refs got it right.

I agree.

what was the penalty  when it was 3rd and 12 from inside our 35 and no play was run but they called a penalty on us and gave them a first down? it eventually led to a TD.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It was the right call.  The penalty was extremely damaging to USF on that drive, but it was correct.

The penalty to complain about was the personal foul on McClain for taking his helmet off later in the drive.

was that the 15 yarder on 3rd and 12?? that's lame.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I thought it looked OK live, but I saw the replay on ESPN last night and I think they got it right.

Also, I agree, the lack of replays in the stadium last night was really annoying. We didn't get replays on the plays under review, on penalties, or even on a lot of big offensive and defensive plays.

And I still don't get the personal foul call at midfield that gave Rutgers a first down instead of what would have been 3rd and 12. I didn't see anything live, I didn't see anything on the TV.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

That unsportsmanline conduct penalty was bogus. The Rutgers plays pushed the helmet up and our guy took it off to fix it.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Horse collar yes.  Penalty on McClain ???

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Stadium showed a replay and it looked like he grabed the shirt and pulled him down.  He clearly did not have the pad because the shirt was pulling away as he took him down.

I believe you could have missed it at the stadium, but at home they replayed in several times.  He had the pads.  It was the correct call.

was that the 15 yarder on 3rd and 12?? that's lame.

Yes it was.

I thought it looked OK live, but I saw the replay on ESPN last night and I think they got it right.

Also, I agree, the lack of replays in the stadium last night was really annoying. We didn't get replays on the plays under review, on penalties, or even on a lot of big offensive and defensive plays.

And I still don't get the personal foul call at midfield that gave Rutgers a first down instead of what would have been 3rd and 12. I didn't see anything live, I didn't see anything on the TV.

That's the one to complain about.  I can't really say if it was a good call or not because it wasn't shown, but in that situation after flagging a personal foul on the same drive it's a bad call unless he took his helmet off and theatrically taunted someone.

Archived