• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Poll Question - What happens if USF ...

If USF comes in dead last does Skip get a pass this year  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

I voted no only because I believe we are or were talented enough to make a bowl game.  Now we're talking about a 3-9 season.

Injuries to the receiver position killed us, along with early departures of others.

You're joking right?  St. Pete Bowl, Papajohns Bowl, International Bowl.. MEAN NOTHING.  If you aren't sniffing your conference title around the end of the year, the season means nothing.  "talented enough" is a misnomer.  Jim Leavitt never developed Talent, he recruited Athletes.. and that's about it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

I voted no only because I believe we are or were talented enough to make a bowl game.  Now we're talking about a 3-9 season.

Injuries to the receiver position killed us, along with early departures of others.

You're joking right?  St. Pete Bowl, Papajohns Bowl, International Bowl.. MEAN NOTHING.  If you aren't sniffing your conference title around the end of the year, the season means nothing.

******** ... You don't win the MNC, your season MEANS NOTHING .... Aspiring to JUST be close to a conference title ... What a ******* joke!

Jim Leavitt never developed Talent

It's truly amazing he was lucky enough to find all those NFL ready guys right out of high school ...

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Skip gets a pass because he has to rebuild this team... we have no depth at any posistion and have had really no offensive system for the past 12 years. Our offensive system has been to let the QB run around and make something happen.

The only way I think Skip will get any heat for this train wreck that is our season is if he leaves BJD in at QB and does not attempt to give a shot to Evald or Landi.

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Needs to be given at least 3-4 years and give him time to recruit guys for his system. ND has it right giving them 5yrs except for Willingham.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

I don't think it makes a difference if we finish in last place, 6th or 7th. It is a matter of making a bowl game or not at this point.

I think if we do indeed miss out on a bowl game the only thing it does to skip is to possibly shorten his window for showing improvement from 5 years to 3 or 4. Depends how long it takes him to get back to respectibility. Get back into being in a competitive position in the BE by year 3 and he is fine. Languish in a similar situation as we are in now by year 3, with low attendance, no bowl games for 3 years and finish near the bottom of the league for 3 years in a row and he will have major problems in year 4.

Wow, the scheduling of Stony Brook, WKU and FAU is Skip's fault?  Just, Wow.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Even if we finish in last, Skip is going nowhere.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

USF should be doing better in the Big East. We should be in contention for the BCS bid every year.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

No where to go but up from here.

• Content Count:  2,558

Carnes is brought up why?

• Content Count:  23

This is stupid.  USF would not be able to afford three coaches salaries.  Plus you have to give him at least three years.  Michigan did not fire rich rod after his awful first two seasons.  What makes you think USF would do it.

Ditto! Silly question

Archived