• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Poll Question - What happens if USF ...

If USF comes in dead last does Skip get a pass this year  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

If Leavitt wouldn't have constantly went for JUCO's and built a team properly we wouldn't have the glaring lack of depth at so many key spots. Holtz will right the ship, just give him time.

People keep acting like we were a horrible team over the last five years. We have been to 5 straight bowl games,were ranked for three years straight, beat FSU, WVU (3 times),Auburn,Kansas... Not saying that things were perfect but it sure beats how things are going this season.

If we didn't have the depth or talent why were we so successfull over the last 5 years ,and why were people saying that CJL was underachieving? Now I expect results soon. I voted yes on the question since it would be silly to not atleast give coach Holtz three years. But my expectations remain high based on what we have done over the last 5 years!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Skip is a good coach, he is trying to rebuild the program right, the way it should have been built in the first place. The Jim took a lot of short cuts and look what happened it ended up catching up with the program. UCF has already been through this, our last coach did the same crap, GOL came in and we went 0-11... We are just now recovery from it, I think you guys will recover much quicker since you are in a BCS conference and Skip is a better coach (IMO), but it is still going to take at least a few years... Win at all cost end up costing eventually...

Alright, I'll feed the troll..  For starters Leavitt didn't cut any corners, he built a program from the ground up and led them into a BCS conference.  No doubt there were losses and set backs, but that is true in any journey and certainly has nothing to do with short cuts.  Slapping a player is unfortunate (and something we try not to discuss on this board) but cannot in any rational way be construed as short cuts.  O'Leary killed a kid and then lied about it, is that a shortcut?

Probalby more importantly though, USF fans aren't happy with where the team is right now.  But I think the relationship to UCF is very much like the relationship between Florida and us.  No doubt Florida fans aren't happy and think there team is bad (and it is comparatively), but there bad is a whole different level from us.  Our bad is a whole different level from UCF - look what happened when we played your rivals FAU!  Believe it or not I am a fan of UCF, many friends who go there and attend their games often, but that is just one heck of an unfounded troll comment.  You have been drinking the hometown brew a bit too much.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Oh and to answer the original poll, going with tradition, only if he beats Miami.  Most Leavitt die hards would argue if you can win one or two marque games then it shouldn't matter what you do in conference play.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

What are you talking about building the program the right way?  If we did it any other way we would still be playing in CUSA.

We went from 1AA to a BCS conference in a span of 3 years. Our first 2 years in BE we were still playing with guys recruited while we were 1AA. If Leavitt is still here there is a chance that Mitchell is still here you land Carnes. Possibly (I don't know the details of their departures or not coming in) but Taylor may still be here. Hayes may be coming in. You have continuity in the offense. I don't think we would have been better than 6-6, but look at the depthe you are building all around.

It is just a blip to change directions. Just a question how long it will take to get back there, but this was built the right way from the beginning. It was built to compete at the highest level not second tier conferences

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Of course he gets a pass.  I would think he'd get at least 2 years, if not three to get this turned around.

I am all aboard with Skip, but we need a QB badly.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Skip is a good coach, he is trying to rebuild the program right, the way it should have been built in the first place. The Jim took a lot of short cuts and look what happened it ended up catching up with the program. UCF has already been through this, our last coach did the same crap, GOL came in and we went 0-11... We are just now recovery from it, I think you guys will recover much quicker since you are in a BCS conference and Skip is a better coach (IMO), but it is still going to take at least a few years... Win at all cost end up costing eventually...

Alright, I'll feed the troll..

**** you ...

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

you guys are acting like we have the expecations of Alabama or Notre Dame or something.

Guys, we were a mediocre program that hovered around .500 in the Big East under Leavitt.  I think Skip has a long enough leash to at least have enough time to turn this PROGRAM (not just year) around.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

He'll obviously get a pass from the administration, no matter what he does, but not in here .... because that's how we roll.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I voted no only because I believe we are or were talented enough to make a bowl game.  Now we're talking about a 3-9 season.

Injuries to the receiver position killed us, along with early departures of others.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

If Leavitt wouldn't have constantly went for JUCO's and built a team properly we wouldn't have the glaring lack of depth at so many key spots. Holtz will right the ship, just give him time.

We have a winner! But...

That doesn't explain the current lack of depth at QB.

Archived