• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip's Bad Decision

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Skip Holtz' decision to throw the ball from our 14 yard line before half turned out to be a killer.  It wouldn't be so bad if this was the first time we'd been in that situation..............but it wasn't.  We were in the exact same position in the Florida game and he decided to throw when all we needed to do was take a knee.  We haven't moved the ball in two weeks, and we're trying to throw from our endzone with a QB that can't hit the broad side of a barn??  Are you kidding me Coach Holtz? 

This also happened last week in the Syracuse game before half and it almost backfired on us.  His clock management and decision making flat out suck so far.  I give him a D minus at this point.  The play tonight totally changed the complexion of the game.  If we are only down 7 at half who knows what happens in the second half.  By basically giving WVU a free 7 points and making it a 14 point cushion, we were done.  I didn't want to give up hope, but I knew we were done with our lack of an offense. 

BJ THROW IT OUT OF BOUNDS PLEASE!!  WHEN IN TROUBLE THROW IT AWAY!!  WE ARE A WORSE TEAM NOW, THAN WE WERE WHEN WE JOINED THE CONFERENCE 5 + YEARS AGO!! 

FOR THOSE KEEPING SCORE AT HOME, THE BULLS ARE 3-6 UNDER BJ DANIELS AT QB IN BIG EAST GAMES.  IN 5 OF THESE GAMES WE HAVE HAD DISMAL OFFENSIVE PERFORMANCES, SO YOU TELL ME WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.  WE ARE TURNING INTO THE IOWA STATE OF THE BIG EAST.............

• Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Skip Holtz' decision to throw the ball from our 14 yard line before half turned out to be a killer.  It wouldn't be so bad if this was the first time we'd been in that situation..............but it wasn't.  We were in the exact same position in the Florida game and he decided to throw when all we needed to do was take a knee. 

Pretty sure the same thing happened during the WKU game.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Yep, Skip doesn't learn from his mistakes.  And BJ doesn't either.  We are in for a terrible year.  No doubt in my mind.  These were two winnable Big East games.  Wait until our Defense actually has bad games........... 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I guess all those blaming Leavitt for the sucky offense is also crediting him for the defense

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I thought the play call on 3rd and less than 1 when we dropped BJ into the shot gun was really bad as well. Keep that drive going and at least make a field goal, combined with the horrible decision at the end of the half cost us at least the chance of being in the game needing a field goal to win.

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

We are in for in the midst of a terrible year.

Fixed that for ya.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

We need to bench Daniels for the last 2 minutes of the half.  That is where the meltdown starts.  I do not understand, one downfield play with a pass interference?  Daniels was only 4 completions behind Smith but over 100 yard differential.  We through nothing past the line of scrimmage all night.

If I see that **** swing play where the throw out to Lamar 4 yards inside the line naked I am going to rush the field and taser Holtz.  Face it, he catches it, and gets hit by the rush, he is not able to juke out and swing that play for yardage.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,698
  • Days Won:  108

I thought the follow up on the Subject was going to be

...... was to leave ECU.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I thought the play call on 3rd and less than 1 when we dropped BJ into the shot gun was really bad as well. Keep that drive going and at least make a field goal, combined with the horrible decision at the end of the half cost us at least the chance of being in the game needing a field goal to win.

+1

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

+1

+1,000,000 -- WTF was Fitch thinking on 3rd and 1 when Mo had been running the ball with success against that gimmicky 3-3-5. 

Archived