• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip's Bad Decision

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

WVU even went away from the 3-3-5 on that play.

We should have had B.J. under center. It was probably 2 down territory there as well.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

That was BJ's bad decision trying to force the throw. That should've gone out of bounds or nowhere at all.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

We should have had B.J. under center. It was probably 2 down territory there as well.

I had just gotten out of class, but I thought I heard the announcers say that BJ had a banged up left hand, so he had been having trouble with the snap under center? Of course I could have heard them wrong.

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

I'm pretty sure Skip said something along the lines of, "throw it away if you don't see anything."  is it skip's fault that BJ is a bad passer?

the coach is teetering along a fine line of trusting his QB and allowing him to make bad mistakes.  on one side of the token, Skip has to put faith in BJ to pass the ball because he is our best option, but on the second side of the token, he doesn't want him to throw too much cuz he sucks.  Either way, Skip is screwed and has to suffer from ignorant fans who know nothing about the situation.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'm pretty sure Skip said something along the lines of, "throw it away if you don't see anything."  is it skip's fault that BJ is a bad passer?

the coach is teetering along a fine line of trusting his QB and allowing him to make bad mistakes.  on one side of the token, Skip has to put faith in BJ to pass the ball because he is our best option, but on the second side of the token, he doesn't want him to throw too much cuz he *****.  Either way, Skip is screwed and has to suffer from ignorant fans who know nothing about the situation.

if skip were smart he'd take the ball out of the hands of his QB and put it in the hands of his running back that averaged 5.7 ypc. I'm amazed that people would use a 20 year old as a scapegoat for a 45 year old $1.7M coach. we all know what we have in Bj daniels. why don't the coaches see it? 38 passes?? really?? 11 carries for a guy that averaged nearly 6 yards per carry!! wow.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

BJ is still not finding wide open receivers.  They even mentioned it during the broadcast.  On the 3rd and 1 play, the play was there.  Plancher missed an assignment.  He makes that block and BJ gets the first down.

Once again, the plays were there, we just failed to execute.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I had just gotten out of class, but I thought I heard the announcers say that BJ had a banged up left hand, so he had been having trouble with the snap under center? Of course I could have heard them wrong.

It didn't seem to affect him when he was under center the rest of the game.

You put yourself at a disadvantage going in the shotgun on 3rd and 1 when everyone knows you'll be running the ball.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

It didn't seem to affect him when he was under center the rest of the game.

You put yourself at a disadvantage going in the shotgun on 3rd and 1 when everyone knows you'll be running the ball.

I agree, I just thought I heard them saying they had problems with the exchange when he was under center.  :-\

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I guess all those blaming Leavitt for the sucky offense is also crediting him for the defense

defense isnt good enough

leavitt left us with little talent

holtz made right calll

terrible execution

Archived