• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lou Holtz is Calling Out His Son!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Bad play calling bad quarter backing

I agree with Lou... Skip needs to bench BJ and give some one else a shot... BJ is never going to be a good QB under in the Holtz new era...

They need to make BJ a running back and start anyone Evled, Landi, Rocky, Smazza... anyone is better then BJ... he *****  >:(

did you watch the half time?? he didn't say anything about benching BJ. he said it was dumb to call that play in that situation.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I agree with Lou... Skip needs to bench BJ and give some one else a shot... BJ is never going to be a good QB under in the Holtz new era...

They need to make BJ a running back and start anyone Evled, Landi, Rocky, Smazza... anyone is better then BJ... he *****  >:(

did you watch the half time?? he didn't say anything about benching BJ. he said it was dumb to call that play in that situation.

I can't understand him half of the time... he sounds like the peanuts teacher...

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I can't understand him half of the time... he sounds like the peanuts teacher...

:D

• Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

agreed...Leavitt Definitely overachieved with this team.

I think Holtz has improved our discipline, defense, and special teams dramatically.  Our offense needs work and I'm sure in the off-season changes will be made, but I'm looking forward to our future. 

Until we win or even score a TD in a conference game let's not compare conference credentials. I agree that the discipline is getting better and I feel that HCSH is going to recruits athletes that can focus and achieve academically. Until I see a full recruiting class I'm going to reserve judgement there because as of now I'm not impressed with the football talent coming in, but it's still early and I'm not a scout.

Defense improved? Not necessarily. We're still seeing too many third down conversions, and letting drives go on too long. The pass defense is Ok, but it's been more about the opponent's dropped passes than it has been about us actually defending the ball. We're doing better against the run and that's a positive.

What I'm missing is the passion. The team doesn't have the same fire as under CJL and as a fan I don't connect nearly as much with HCSH nor do I feel that he cares as much about this program as Leavitt did.

modified by Bulliever to remove potentially libelous material from tau.reanb

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

He had every right to call him out. We didn't get good field position after the punt, so run the clock out and wait until the second half where we would have had the ball first.

The other play that really pissed me off was that 3rd and 1 the series before the INT. Everyone knew we would be running, so why put Daniels in the shotgun. Run a freaking QB sneak, or put in Kelly and have an I formation to plow through the line.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

What I'm missing is the passion. The team doesn't have the same fire as under CJL

This same thing was mentioned elsewhere today and it reminded me of something I saw on the S H Show. They were showing highlights behind the interview and one was of Marshall's sack where he ran down the qb for a 4 yd loss right in front of our sideline. Marshall got up jumping in the air, celebrating ... There must have been 7 or 8 players in the picture along the sideline, within a couple of yards of Craig and nobody ******* moved when he did that ... like they were ******* zombies ...seemed odd to me .

I know Skip had great success elsewhere and it's way early here but still some things are head scratchers ..

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

anyone else notice the PLAY before the INT, the announcers were talking about the pick @ UF?

how ironic.

Not ironic, eerily prophetic.  :Bang

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

it was just a dumb call by skip to try and mount a 1-minute drive down the field. like this offense was going to get into fg range even without the INT.

just take a knee and go into the half 3-10 with a defense that was dominating WVU. hopefuly lamar breaks the ensuing kickoff return and game tied, because lord knows our offense wouldn't score.

Archived