• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,306
  • Days Won:  10

Run Murray, Planchard can not do it at 1-A level.

Make BJ scramble when he is going to pass seems to work better.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

All i know is Friday will be a tough one as my buddy is flying in and we will be drinking at a bar watching this, either celebrating a win or forgetting a loss

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I already congratulated WVU fans on their win. Hopefully im wrong.

• Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

As much as I hate the outcome of Saturday, we've only got a few days before the showdown with WVU. Time to put 'Cuse behind us and start getting hyped for Thursday! Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

BJ starts we lose... BJ is benched who knows... I'm eager to see what the Holtz new era is gonna do about our passing situation.

WV is going to focus on stopping the run

+1

• Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

West Virginia is winnable... Our defensive scheme will be focused on stopping Devine and making Smith throw the ball... and he's not the most accurate passer.

Not sure I would make the statement that Geno isn't an accurate passer.  So far, he's 97 of 146 (66%) for 1,139 yds, 12 TDs, 2 INTs through 5 games.

Expecting a great game, as usual, between USF & WVU.  Your players always seem to bring its best against WVU plus Skip and your defensive coordinator have both faced this WVU staff each of the last two seasons.  I'm sure they will know how to scheme things pretty well.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

BJ starts we lose... BJ is benched who knows... I'm eager to see what the Holtz new era is gonna do about our passing situation.

WV is going to focus on stopping the run

What evidence do you have to change it from "we lose" to "who knows"?

Neither back up  looked super impressive during fall camp.  Even when Bj was struggling mightily neither of them could do enough to challenge him at the QB spot

Even with all of BJ's struggles the staff did not feel comfortable enough to insert either back up. 

Eveld has not exactly lit it up in his garbage time appearences or done anything to suggest he would give us a better shot to win.  We haven't seen Gunz so i can't say anything here about him, but not seeing him should at least hint to you about how the staff feels about him and his chance to get us W's this season.

I mean if you just want change for the sake of change and hope it works out that's fine just say that.  Just please don't go around acting like either back up gives us a better chance to win when there is absolutely nothing other than blind faith that suggests that to be the case. 

Just to add one more thing....

Eveld is FAR less mobile than BJ.  BJ has had to run for his life for most of the games this season and it has been his athleticism that has gotten him out of taking sacks even if the result after that has been less than desirable.  Now imagine a QB that doesn't have that same athleticism behind our OL, we are going to take quite a few more negative plays which puts the offense in worse down and distance situations which plays into the defenses scheme to beat us, blitz your face off and bring pressure. I just don't see any upside to Eveld behind this line at all.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

One could argue that the reason BJ was, "running for his life" was because he couldn't make the hot read on blitzes.

One could argue that the reason BJ was, "running for his life" was because he couldn't make the hot read on blitzes.

Possibly but then you have to figure out could either of the back ups make that read?  If they can why aren't they in the game?  Also against FAU Eveld didn't make a hot read when he got sacked and coughed the ball up......I'm just saying there is nothing to suggest what we have behind BJ would be any kind of a upgrade.  If you just want to see a different name on the jersey while the offense struggles im fine with that, but just don't frame it like its some kind of for sure upgrade when we have seen nothing to suggest that through fall camp all the way up till this past weekend. 

Archived