• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UF or FSU...who provided a better experience.

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Well now that several of us have been able to travel to both schools...besides the final outcome...which had the better atmosphere or provided a better gameday experience?

I will say both are wonderful programs and I would aspire to be like either...that said....I think FSU had the better setup.

Seemed like FSU had more parking, was more conducive for tailgating, I think their stadium looked nicer (liked all the brick) and got more of a cross breeze in it. The Indian on the horse and the statue out front just seemed more classy than "Albert" and a bronzed gator on both sides of the stadium.

UF may be a better experience for a student because it is amazing that they somehow wedged that monstrosity of a stadium right there across from a food court, the O Dome, dorms, class buildings. Their Carrillion (Bell Tower) was pretty cool. Definitely not much of a walk from the perspective of campus but parking & traffic just seemed way more insane than what we saw at FSU.

Thoughts?

• Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

UF by far. Besides the outcome and the heat, the town and atmosphere are by far better. Not to mention the half empty stadium at FSU doesn't really create a great football environment environment and is kind of a drain.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I think Gainesville provided a better gameday atmosphere, but for ease of parking and tailgating I'd say FSU.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

As far as total experience, FSU.

But, for me, the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance was the second most inspiring thing behind Auburn's eagle that I've seen.

• Content Count:  4,738

i thought tailgating at UF was better, we parked on campus, where at FSU we may have been on campus but it was a mile and a half walk to the stadium.  also it was in a parking lot.  at uf we pulled up right in front of a building.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

UF

• Content Count:  521

even tho FSU's campus is "technically" on campus, it really isnt.  you don't see many academic buildings close by, etc.

if we ever build an on campus stadium, it will be like UF's how it will be in the middle of the academic section, because we dont really have an open area in a random corner where they can stick it.

that being said, i like FSU's stadium way more.  also, UF's stadium proves to me that we  have more than enough space on our campus to stick a stadium.

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

even tho FSU's campus is "technically" on campus, it really isnt.  you don't see many academic buildings close by, etc.

if we ever build an on campus stadium, it will be like UF's how it will be in the middle of the academic section, because we dont really have an open area in a random corner where they can stick it.

that being said, i like FSU's stadium way more.  also, UF's stadium proves to me that we  have more than enough space on our campus to stick a stadium.

Rick that is not true USF has areas right on Fowler by the closed down Elementary school  or back behind the soccer field, they would have to relocate Tennis but it can be done. 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Hmmmm...

:2cents

We had a better tailgate at UF then at FSU but only because I have triple the crap I had last year... so this is a hard one to judge. I preferred FSU because their shuttle system to and from the Civic Center was perfect, where as UF could not get it right. It took about an hour to get from the stadium back to where we parked.

The stadiums were about the same, with the edge going to FSU because they did not run out of water, soda, ice, or gatorade & it was way cooler, where as UF was like a microwave oven.

Game Weekend atmosphere was about the same, FSU was sold out when we went up there so I did not see an empty seat in the house, and FSU had the Friday Night get down... felt like a 24 hour party where as at UF you had to hunt down the party's.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

FSU for me. Better tailgating. The mile or so walk from the Civic Center was not bad and the game day atmosphere at the stadium was much better, to me anyway.

Archived