• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz is amazing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Guys, can we PLEASE lay off the ZOMG SKIP stuff until we win Saturday? He is not the first coach to ever have this idea.

LOL ... I was kind of thinking the same thing. Amazing?? Coaches going into that kind of environment the first time for a lot of the players do it all the time ... Go 5-2 in the BE and I'll be happy to anoint him "Amazing".  ;)

Yeah I wonder which SEC team did Holtz borrow the idea from since all try it? In 5 seasons at Florida Meyer is 32-8 in the SEC. Under his leadership the Gators are 34-2 at home. Since 1979 the Gators are 113-13 at the Swamp which is the best home record of any NCAA team during that time frame.

I hope all the people that are enjoying their wet dream of USF winning at the Swamp don't go into a state of depression when it's all over. I stand by what I said a few days ago, if USF can hang within 2 scores it will be a real accomplishment for the team. Meyer is notorious for having Florida run up the score after a bad performance in a prior game.

Jesus just go watch highschool highlights of basketball kids who arent coming here and let us have our day! I have faith we will win. If we all think we will lose why even play? sometimes it just seems that you are jealous that the football team is far more popular than the bball team.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Guys, can we PLEASE lay off the ZOMG SKIP stuff until we win Saturday? He is not the first coach to ever have this idea.

Hi there Captain Buzzkill

ocd-family-guys-buzz-killington-20090605014340917-000.jpg

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

LOL ... I was kind of thinking the same thing. Amazing?? Coaches going into that kind of environment the first time for a lot of the players do it all the time ... Go 5-2 in the BE and I'll be happy to anoint him "Amazing".  ;)

Thank you for backing me up Lt. Buzzkill  ;D

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I think you meant to say Holtz is awesome, or Holtz is cool. Many teams do this and i even think Leavitt did for the Penn State game.

• Content Count:  558

Trophy rooms, uniforms, previous records, and size of fan bases do not win football games.

USF is coming to play.  Is this one of the best teams and most hostile environments we have ever played in?  Yes,

Does that mean we should just chalk up the L right now?

Heck no.

We miight not have superstars who are on NfL radars right Now but we still have one of the most talented and athletic teams in USF history with a ton of depth.

Right now after the UF performance from last week: 2007 Auburn and WVU, 2009 Miami and Pitt and probably others were much better. The 2010 Gators have proved nothing other than Demps is still fast and Ja Jenkins and Black are good in the secondary.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Great idea.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Trophy rooms, uniforms, previous records, and size of fan bases do not win football games.

USF is coming to play.  Is this one of the best teams and most hostile environments we have ever played in?  Yes,

Heck no.

We miight not have superstars who are on NfL radars right Now but we still have one of the most talented and athletic teams in USF history with a ton of depth.

Right now after the UF performance from last week: 2007 Auburn and WVU, 2009 Miami and Pitt and probably others were much better. The 2010 Gators have proved nothing other than Demps is still fast and Ja Jenkins and Black are good in the secondary.

Hey, their defense did good stopping the 3rd string RB after the 1st stringer got himself ejected ;D

• Content Count:  4,016

Heck no.

What did we prove against a glorified high school team that lost it's starting MLB, and cornerback in the middle of the 1st quarter against us?  We won big, but my goodness anything less would have been embarrassing.  You aren't concerned that if you take out the last minute rush by the freshman Shaw for 63 yards that we managed a whopping 117 yards rushin on 31 carries for 3.77 ypc?  Against a 1-AA team that weighed nearly 20lbs a man less than us across the line that isn't awesome.

I saw lots of positives, and lots of good things but it's against SB so it's still hard to gauge.

My biggest solace is the fact Urban is still planning on trotting out Mike Pouncey at center.  He is melted down against MOO, if he does that again with us we've got a good shot.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

wait until he get his players here

• Content Count:  165

I heard he brought in dead animals to simulate the smell of the swamp.

Archived