• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz is amazing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Did Skip turn the water into gatorade . . . err powerade during practice too?  If only practices weren't closed.  Because that would be amazing, although only slightly more than pumping in noise to practice.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Amazing? How about smart?. Boise St's team, not used to the heat and humidity of DC in late summer, practiced inside with the heat on and brought in humidifiers to try and get the kids used to playing in that environment.

UConn tried to do the same thing for their game here in 2006 and how did that work out for them?

• Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

I was walking over to the soccer game tonight, and I heard this faint sound of the Gator chomp.  I look over and the football team has massive speakers on the practice fields blaring the Gator chomp and Florida fight song, over and over and over again.   Its stuff like this that make a great coach.

Why does this surprise you? Hundreds of college coaches do this.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You mean like kicking a field goal at the end of the game vs. Miami(Oh)?

Classy guy.

I thought UF was throwing the ball in the last minute to get to 34 points.

• Content Count:  4,501

Guys, can we PLEASE lay off the ZOMG SKIP stuff until we win Saturday? He is not the first coach to ever have this idea.

LOL ... I was kind of thinking the same thing. Amazing?? Coaches going into that kind of environment the first time for a lot of the players do it all the time ... Go 5-2 in the BE and I'll be happy to anoint him "Amazing".  ;)

Yeah I wonder which SEC team did Holtz borrow the idea from since all try it? In 5 seasons at Florida Meyer is 32-8 in the SEC. Under his leadership the Gators are 34-2 at home. Since 1979 the Gators are 113-13 at the Swamp which is the best home record of any NCAA team during that time frame.

I hope all the people that are enjoying their wet dream of USF winning at the Swamp don't go into a state of depression when it's all over. I stand by what I said a few days ago, if USF can hang within 2 scores it will be a real accomplishment for the team. Meyer is notorious for having Florida run up the score after a bad performance in a prior game.

Wow - aren't you mister Positive.  Meyer was trying to run up the score on Miami - why would we think it will be different with us.  I hope you mean like a safety and field goal when you are talking about keeping it within two scores.  I think most fans understand what we are up against - but my question to you do you think UF knows what they are up against ?  Maybe just maybe under Meyer after Saturday they will be 34-3 at home.  It is possible yes ?  The way you post we should just send in our second team rather then face any possible injuries to our first team and lose them for the rest of the season.  Go back to USF basketball - please.

• Content Count:  12,293

Trophy rooms, uniforms, previous records, and size of fan bases do not win football games.

USF is coming to play.  Is this one of the best teams and most hostile environments we have ever played in?  Yes,

Does that mean we should just chalk up the L right now?

Heck no.

We miight not have superstars who are on NfL radars right Now but we still have one of the most talented and athletic teams in USF history with a ton of depth.

• Content Count:  149

Guys, can we PLEASE lay off the ZOMG SKIP stuff until we win Saturday? He is not the first coach to ever have this idea.

LOL ... I was kind of thinking the same thing. Amazing?? Coaches going into that kind of environment the first time for a lot of the players do it all the time ... Go 5-2 in the BE and I'll be happy to anoint him "Amazing".  ;)

Yeah I wonder which SEC team did Holtz borrow the idea from since all try it? In 5 seasons at Florida Meyer is 32-8 in the SEC. Under his leadership the Gators are 34-2 at home. Since 1979 the Gators are 113-13 at the Swamp which is the best home record of any NCAA team during that time frame.

I hope all the people that are enjoying their wet dream of USF winning at the Swamp don't go into a state of depression when it's all over. I stand by what I said a few days ago, if USF can hang within 2 scores it will be a real accomplishment for the team. Meyer is notorious for having Florida run up the score after a bad performance in a prior game.

Wow - aren't you mister Positive.  Meyer was trying to run up the score on Miami - why would we think it will be different with us.  I hope you mean like a safety and field goal when you are talking about keeping it within two scores.  I think most fans understand what we are up against - but my question to you do you think UF knows what they are up against ?  Maybe just maybe under Meyer after Saturday they will be 34-3 at home.  It is possible yes ?  The way you post we should just send in our second team rather then face any possible injuries to our first team and lose them for the rest of the season.  Go back to USF basketball - please.

Seriously....so much positive energy on this board!

If anyone has any amount excitement about this game or our team or our coach....come to thebullspen! There are members here that will be happy to suck the life out of any enthusiasm you may have.  :-\

• Content Count:  4,016

It becomes asinine to read sometimes especially when you see some fans try to deify him for things other coaches do quite often...and even stuff the guy before him did.

He's not a supreme innovator of college football...he's a great imitator, but given who he's learned from through the years that's quite alright too.  I'll just take half of the things that Lou Holtz, Bobby Bowden, Earl Bruce, and others have forgotten.

• Content Count:  4,016

I get the negativity bashing, but reality tells you after watching that UF game they are a few small tweaks from making massive strides.  Take away Pouncey's meltdowns with the snaps and their production would have been much greater, and they still slept walked to a 21pt victory-- with 6 expected starters missing who will be available for our game.

I think you can understand that as much as you love being a polly-anna about every game, some fans also prefer to not expect the unexpected therefore if it happens on the rare occurence we'll be that much more pleased, and if it does not then we'll be that much less disappointed.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

You realize you're talking to someone who said the other day that they were an SEC fan, don't you?!?  ::)

Archived