• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sileo: USF will get rolled by 50.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Mr. Silly-o feels that USF will crumble under the presser of the swawp. I know it's a bit early for the USF-UF talk. But he touched a nerve. I hope we here this type of talk all week. I don't think we'll be going in grabbing our ankles. 

One thing the teams of our recent past didn't do was crumble under pressure in games like this and I don't see it happening now. From a quick look, it didn't look like Skip's ECU teams crumbled under pressure of big ooc games either.

I agree, we typically don't crumble, but in your opinion what happened in the Miami game?

That was a home game ....  ::)

I meant it in refernce to crumbling under pressure in a ooc hostile environment ...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Mr. Silly-o feels that USF will crumble under the presser of the swawp. I know it's a bit early for the USF-UF talk. But he touched a nerve. I hope we here this type of talk all week. I don't think we'll be going in grabbing our ankles. 

One thing the teams of our recent past didn't do was crumble under pressure in games like this and I don't see it happening now. From a quick look, it didn't look like Skip's ECU teams crumbled under pressure of big ooc games either.

I agree, we typically don't crumble, but in your opinion what happened in the Miami game?

I meant it in refernce to crumbling under pressure in a ooc hostile environment ...

point taken....we only crumble at home   ;D

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

It is possible that we get rolled by 50, it's also possible that we'll roll them by 50. It's possible that we'll go undefeated and win the NC. All is possible for every team right now. With all of that said, uf lost, haden (best DB), and wright 1/2 of thier d-backfield, Spikes, their best LB, and dunlap and cunningham on the dline. As Joe said they have great depth and a lot of their remaning guys have played, however, if they were better than those that left, they would have been playing. So, there's a possible, and likely drop off of some sort.  I thik that LL can get open, even against one of their safeties. It will all be about schemes and match-ups for us. IMO if we can keep it close untul half time it will be interesting to see how Brantley, and Meyers react. If they score easily on their first drive, 50 may well be the outcome.

Agree BBM 110%.  My wish is that the first defensive play Brantley gets nailed like a $20 whore, or Eli Manning in the Jets game.. haha..

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

They crumbled at the Sun Bowl. But they wasn't ready for the Ducks.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

They crumbled at the Sun Bowl. But they wasn't ready for the Ducks.

I'm not sure the team crumbled, so much as our coaches in that game. Of course, the scandal breaking with Ben at the time certainly didn't help matters.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

point taken....we only crumble at home   ;D

Not so fast, my friend ... We've only played two, what I would call, big ooc games at home and we're 1 and 1 ... but, technically, you are correct since of all our big ooc games, the only one we could have been portrayed as crumbling in was at home... I don't count bowl games until they're BCS.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

What was Silly-Ohs prediction last year for the FSU game? Was he around the airwaves to make a prediction for the Auburn game....what was that prediction?

As far as the UF defense, please do some homework before educating the rest of the board with your theories on the FSU defense stopping the Bulls. They may, but considering there are 8 new starters out of 11 from their Sugar Bowl Lineup, I would say they are an unknown at this point.

See the details in my post: http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=73620.0

The Gators defense isn't an "unknown" they are still the Gators and should be thought of highly on defense.

Just as we're losing many starters on the defensive side of the ball, I believe we should be respected. Good teams simply reload, we seem to be at the point where we can reload yearly on defense (offense is another story). The Gators would need an epic collapse defensively to become as bad as FSU was last year. It's unknown if they'll be as good as recent years though.

Still, as others have pointed out, their defensive backs will likely have our receivers blanketed. The Gators have the personnel to do exactly the type of things that makes BJ uncomfortable. In fact, they're probably exceptionally well equipped to do such a thing. The onus then is on BJ, and the coaches, being able to negate this. We'll see if they can work wonders and improve on the facets of the game that were his worst last year. If he does, we have a shot at winning. Otherwise, we'll struggle to put up points.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

That's nuts, who the hell does he think we are?  Does he really think we're that bad?

Guest Scherdin

Look both teams have a lot of questions...I think we have more then them, but's that MHO.

The biggest difference is Meyer isn't going to allow us to stroll in there as some flash in the pan team...he's already downplaying his team and wants more out of them.  So the chances of us catching them off guard like Auburn or Florida St. doesn't seem likely.

We can win this game...but not too many teams have gone in to The Swamp and beat those guys, if there ever was a chance, this is the year.  With all the changes on O and D including some coordinator changes...we can do this. 

Though I'm not going to fall apart if we do get blown out either...

Archived