• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sileo: USF will get rolled by 50.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

IMO this game is ALL about BJ. I think you could bet the farm on UF playing to stop BJ. I think they will come with some sort of zone blitzes. I think the UF safties will be a huge key, because if Lamar can get past them before the rush gets to BJ, we have a shot at some long plays.

I don't know if we'll be able to run enough to slow the rush down. If we can, it should be a fun afternoon.

BTW - I'll take the points, dilly-o

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

IMO this game is ALL about BJ. I think you could bet the farm on UF playing to stop BJ. I think they will come with some sort of zone blitzes. I think the UF safties will be a huge key, because if Lamar can get past them before the rush gets to BJ, we have a shot at some long plays.

I don't know if we'll be able to run enough to slow the rush down. If we can, it should be a fun afternoon.

I have faith that Holtz will use the TE's more effectively to keep UF honest.

Pass rush can be beaten by Screen Plays.

Somebody, should have told that to our old coaches after certain teams consistently teed off on us.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

UF won't overlook USF, but they'll also be looking ahead a little to the Tennessee game and the start of SEC play.

I thought about the argument people make that, "USF lost alot of its talented players on defense." By that same standard, UF also lost alot of its talented players, on both sides of the ball. And if you agree with the consensus that UF's talent was better than USF's, then by applying those, UF lost better talent than USF, and therefore their players have bigger shoes to fill. Will they be good? Sure.

There's alot of factors that will determine the outcome of the game. I still have faith in USF hanging in well with UF, only because I still think we're being overlooked. We're a "week 2 patsy" for them, a tune-up for SEC play. I figured after Auburn, WVU, and Kansas, that FSU would have not overlooked us (they even said they didn't), and we all know what happened there.

I have high hopes we make them sweat in the swamp late in the game, we'll definitely not win by 50. Now if we were playing Rutgers with Leavitt on the sidelines, I might not be so optimistic lol.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

You will see a lot of screen plays. And the defense will be there to play. 50 points!?!? C'mon Dan. He wouldn't put his house on it.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Sileo doesn't bother me. BECAUSE I DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!!!!  ???

Sorry, but I will never understand the masochistic life style.  ;D

I have faith that Holtz will use the TE's more effectively to keep UF honest.

F720294.jpg

TE Kevin Gidrey

Some more practice pics from Wed:

http://usf.rivals.com/photofeature.asp?SID=1074&fid=34218

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

This guy is a clown.  Hope he has the nads to own up after his "prediction" turns out to be just plain stupid.  Even if we can't pull off the upset--and we probably won't--a 50 point beatdown is just insulting.  Jerk.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

You guys do realize he is a talk radio host and says whatever it takes to get people talking. Im sure hes happy there is a 5 page thread about him on this board.

Archived