• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs Seawolves in good company with worst FBS-FCS matchups

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Spike, you started this, and obviously the whiners don't know the answer to my question.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Bad opponents will not bring out the fans. What a waste of entertainment dollars.

This is the world in which we live. Until such time as BCS schools want to come to RayJ, or we take on more road games,

this would be a good time to get used to the idea of playing FCS schools.

Is it a waste of entertainment dollars? We get seven games, four of which 'matter', with WKU, StonyBrook & FAU

being the schedule fillers. How many home games would you give up - and travel to - if the FCS schools

were replaced with BCS schools? Is a five game home schedule palatable?

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Bad opponents will not bring out the fans. What a waste of entertainment dollars.

This is the world in which we live. Until such time as BCS schools want to come to RayJ, or we take on more road games,

this would be a good time to get used to the idea of playing FCS schools.

Is it a waste of entertainment dollars? We get seven games, four of which 'matter', with WKU, StonyBrook & FAU

being the schedule fillers. How many home games would you give up - and travel to - if the FCS schools

were replaced with BCS schools? Is a five game home schedule palatable?

I would trade 2 of those  for a mid level bcs and a top level non-bcs (tcu, ecu, s miss, etc).

why are we playing 2 bottom of the barrel sun-belts and 1 fcs?? we should play 3 bcs, one top non-bcs and perhaps one warm-up.

don't give me the excuse we can't sign decent teams. Kansas, UNC, Miami,FSU etc suggest otherwise.

If South Carolina is willing to play UCF in a 1 for 1 then there is no reason why we can't bring in decent competition.

Perhaps woolard is more concerned with the consecutive bowl streak so many crow about and is worried about playing legit competition.

I don't need the Uf, OU, OSU, Penn State's of the world to come here but there are plenty of decent bcs and top level non-bcs that are willing to sign 1 for 1's.

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Alabama has more conference games playing in the SEC. With only 8 Football playing members, Big East teams should schedule different(no more than 1 AA team on the schedule)

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Does anyone know how Skippy feels about the way the schedule is set up? Would he or does he want to stop playing fcs schools?

Not sure how Coach Holtz feels about it, but it does make sense to continue to schedule a 1 AA every year. You get a home game and it counts toward bowl eligibility.

I'd like to see us take the non BCS programs we have on the schedule now and try and get BCS OOC games out of them.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Oh...and we're on the UF schedule, because they do not fear us.

:satan

If memory serves me correct, UF signed the contract with USF when it was still 1-AA. So, I think you're partially correct, UF probably didn't fear USF when the contract was signed. But I don't think UF would have been so willing to play USF if the contract were signed contemporaneously.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If memory serves me correct, UF signed the contract with USF when it was still 1-AA.

I believe we had already gone 1 A and were independent at the time.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

It's a disgrace we have to pay good money to see FAU, Western Kentucky and Stoney brook.

Bad opponents will not bring out the fans or bring in top recruits.

What a waste of entertainment dollars.

I dont know about you but I go to the games to watch the BULLS not the other team. Who we play doesnt matter to real fans . Really fans go no matter who we play.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It's a disgrace we have to pay good money to see FAU, Western Kentucky and Stoney brook.

Bad opponents will not bring out the fans or bring in top recruits.

What a waste of entertainment dollars.

I dont know about you but I go to the games to watch the BULLS not the other team. Who we play doesnt matter to real fans . Really fans go no matter who we play.

real fans like to see a competitive game.

I'd rather watch us play FSU, Miami, UF, UNC,or WVU  over charleston southern, stoney brook,or wofford.

I don't believe that there is no difference to you between a game against wofford and a game against WVU.

Guest Sunburned

We're on the UF schedule because they do not have to return the favor and play at Ray Jay.  We could play lots of BCS teams in OOC, as long as we play them all on the road.  You want a four game home schedule?  There is a reason 95% of BCS schools play I-AA teams.  Schools like North Texas are demanding $1 million for one game road contests with the big shots like Alabama.  Schools like Bama are saying, "What was that AD at Georgia State's phone number?"  Scheduling is not as easy as you all seem to think it is.

Normal

The NCAA could make it easier, by not allowing games against 1-AA opponents to count towards bowl eligibility.

Archived