• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs Seawolves in good company with worst FBS-FCS matchups

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I don't mind playing FAU or WKU... Here is my rational read it then dump on me if you must.

Western Kentucky played us tough last season and since they have an okay basketball team they could be on the short list to be the new whipping boy in the Big East if it ever expands. Their football team is just if not a bit tougher then Memphis.

FAU is an in-state team and I don't mind watching them, at least they will bring a large fan base with them which will make the tailgate ripe for shenanigans and SHOULD make the game atmosphere a bit more energetic. Hopefully this puts more buts in the seats.

They also played us tough so again while I'm not pissing my self in ecstasy at the thought of playing them or WKU I would like to see if we have improved since the last time we played them. This is just me looking at the silver lining.

Stony Brook there is nothing good to say about them... I hope since HCJL is gone that Woolard and HCSH will schedule better whipping boys like Georgia Southern, Citadel, Southern Miss, Tulsa, etc.

Now feel free to dump on me but be gentile...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I don't mind playing FAU or WKU... Here is my rational read it then dump on me if you must.

Western Kentucky played us tough last season and since they have an okay basketball team they could be on the short list to be the new whipping boy in the Big East if it ever expands. Their football team is just if not a bit tougher then Memphis.

FAU is an in-state team and I don't mind watching them, at least they will bring a large fan base with them which will make the tailgate ripe for shenanigans and SHOULD make the game atmosphere a bit more energetic. Hopefully this puts more buts in the seats.

They also played us tough so again while I'm not pissing my self in ecstasy at the thought of playing them or WKU I would like to see if we have improved since the last time we played them. This is just me looking at the silver lining.

Stony Brook there is nothing good to say about them... I hope since HCJL is gone that Woolard and HCSH will schedule better whipping boys like Georgia Southern, Citadel, Southern Miss, Tulsa, etc.

Now feel free to dump on me but be gentile...

western kentucky was 0-12 last year. memphis is bad but they are nowhere near that bad.

sagarin had western kentucky ranked #187 last year(yes there are only 120 d 1-a teams).

the sad part about western kentucky is they were ranked 23 spots BEHIND stoney brook last year.

FAU was ranked #114. They averaged just over 15k in home attendance last year. that's announced attendance. Not actual attendance.

I can't imagine they will have tons of fans traveling.

those teams playing us tough is actually not a good thing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Bad opponents will not bring out the fans. What a waste of entertainment dollars.

This is the world in which we live. Until such time as BCS schools want to come to RayJ, or we take on more road games,

this would be a good time to get used to the idea of playing FCS schools.

Is it a waste of entertainment dollars? We get seven games, four of which 'matter', with WKU, StonyBrook & FAU

being the schedule fillers. How many home games would you give up - and travel to - if the FCS schools

were replaced with BCS schools? Is a five game home schedule palatable?

I would trade 2 of those  for a mid level bcs and a top level non-bcs (tcu, ecu, s miss, etc).

why are we playing 2 bottom of the barrel sun-belts and 1 fcs?? we should play 3 bcs, one top non-bcs and perhaps one warm-up.

don't give me the excuse we can't sign decent teams. Kansas, UNC, Miami,FSU etc suggest otherwise.

If South Carolina is willing to play UCF in a 1 for 1 then there is no reason why we can't bring in decent competition.

Perhaps woolard is more concerned with the consecutive bowl streak so many crow about and is worried about playing legit competition.

I don't need the Uf, OU, OSU, Penn State's of the world to come here but there are plenty of decent bcs and top level non-bcs that are willing to sign 1 for 1's.

WKU and FAU are the backside of 1 and 1's that were signed quite a few years ago... I think we were still in CUSA at time...

• Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

Bad opponents will not bring out the fans. What a waste of entertainment dollars.

This is the world in which we live. Until such time as BCS schools want to come to RayJ, or we take on more road games,

Is it a waste of entertainment dollars? We get seven games, four of which 'matter', with WKU, StonyBrook & FAU

being the schedule fillers. How many home games would you give up - and travel to - if the FCS schools

I would trade 2 of those  for a mid level bcs and a top level non-bcs (tcu, ecu, s miss, etc).

why are we playing 2 bottom of the barrel sun-belts and 1 fcs?? we should play 3 bcs, one top non-bcs and perhaps one warm-up.

don't give me the excuse we can't sign decent teams. Kansas, UNC, Miami,FSU etc suggest otherwise.

If South Carolina is willing to play UCF in a 1 for 1 then there is no reason why we can't bring in decent competition.

Perhaps woolard is more concerned with the consecutive bowl streak so many crow about and is worried about playing legit competition.

I don't need the Uf, OU, OSU, Penn State's of the world to come here but there are plenty of decent bcs and top level non-bcs that are willing to sign 1 for 1's.

WKU and FAU are the backside of 1 and 1's that were signed quite a few years ago... I think we were still in CUSA at time...

Not sure the FAU history but the WKU series was signed just several years ago ... Around the time of our last UCF game ... I remember all the lame ******** about it.

WKU was not signed that long ago.

BTW we signed ball state to a home and home just in the last few years.

We signed WKU as part of a gentlemans agreement for them playing us quite a few years back... before the game there last season. I remember the radio guys talking about it.

We signed WKU as part of a gentlemans agreement for them playing us quite a few years back... before the game there last season. I remember the radio guys talking about it.

I'm not sure of any gentleman's agreement. we signed with them in 2008. the weird part is that we actually traveled there first. the last time we played them was in 2000. quite a big difference if there was any agreement beforehand.

They agreed to play us in 2000.... because of that we agreed to a 1 and 1 when they had a hole to fill in their schedule and wanted a good team to open their new stadium. That was the gist the radio team told last year. We were doing them a favor sort of as a thank you for giving us the game back in 2000.

• Content Count:  12,471
  • Days Won:  25

It's still raining!

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

beast needs to add teams so USF doesnt have to schedule FIVE ooc games a year

Archived