• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF might pick up a former 4-star DE soon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

just got released from usc per joe schad's twitter

http://twitter.com/schadjoe

USC LB Glen Stanley said the school released him to transfer today

Hmmm is it us or FSU....we could use a break like this one!

From your keyboard to G-D's ear.  ;D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

FSU boards all think he is a lock... lets hope Holtz can work his magic!

Nation

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I really love this dudes game. He play like no ones in front of him.

FSU boards all think he is a lock... lets hope Holtz can work his magic!

Nation

He plans on taking a visit to FSU this weekend. Hope he at least come to USF as well, before making his decision.

Free of USC; now FSU? USF?

By Byron Saucer

Staff writer

Published: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 10:46 p.m.

Last Modified: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 10:50 p.m.

( page of 3 )

Glen Stanley's recruiting odyssey seems to be coming to an end.

Finally.

The Vanguard High graduate signed with the University of Southern California back in February, but after the Trojans were hit with major NCAA sanctions the former junior college All-American filed his paperwork to be released from his scholarship. Wednesday afternoon Stanley's transfer was cleared by USC officials, and the 6-foot-2, 245-pound linebacker/defensive end is now planning to visit Florida State and USF over the next two days before making his college choice.

"My attorney called me about 2:30 (Wednesday afternoon) and told me they signed my release papers," said Stanley, who is back in Ocala working out at Vanguard High School. "I'm leaving (Thursday) morning to go up to Tallahassee and meet with Coach Jimbo Fisher, and then I'm trying to get something set up with South Florida for Friday.

"By Monday I should be moving into school at either South Florida or Florida State. I want to finalize my decision by this weekend."

Stanely said he's leaning toward FSU right now, but wants to find out more about USF and new head coach Skip Holtz before making his decision final. Former Vanguard teammate Jeff Hawkins is slated to be the Bulls' starting tight end this fall and could possibly help USF land the versatile Stanley, who runs a 4.42 40-yard dash.

Stanley said USC -- which was saddled with four years of probation that includes a two-year bowl ban and the loss of 30 scholarships  -- and head coach Lane Kiffin didn't give him any warning about the school's potential sanctions during the recruiting process.

"They never spoke to me about probation," Stanley said. "So when it all came to light -- I've only got two years to play college football --  I really wanted to play for championships and get a chance to have that bowl experience. So that had a lot to do with my decision (to transfer)."

Playing for legendary defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin played a big role in Stanley's decision to choose USC on National Signing Day, despite having offers from more than a dozen BCS programs, including Auburn and Tennessee.

"I had a pretty good relationship with Coach (Monte) Kiffin and it was kind of hard to tell him," Stanley said. "But I had a chance to come back home and play, so I wanted to follow my heart."

According to Stanley, two days after he put in his transfer request Lane Kiffin traveled to Ocala to try and talk the JuCo star into sticking with the Trojans. When he didn't get the answer he wanted, the USC head coach bristled.

"Coach Monte Kiffin was OK with it, but Coach Lane Kiffin and a couple of other (coaches) weren't too satisfied with my decision," Stanley said. "When I called the next day to tell them I wasn't coming -- he didn't take it lightly."

Stanley is eligible to play immediately for whichever school he chooses, and he says he's ready to get back on the football field and start competing again.

"This has been a long process, so I wanted to get it over with," Stanley said. "Everything is back on track now, so I just want to finalize my decision and get to working out with my new team and try to battle for a position."

Stanley was part of the 2005 state championship team at Trinity Catholic as a junior, but transferred to Vanguard for his senior season. He then signed with Bowling Green out of high school before transferring to Eastern Arizona Junior College last year.

Vanguard coach Alex Castaneda believes his best football may still be ahead of him.

"Physically, he's something else, and he's a very smart player," Castaneda said. "He is kind of a hybrid. He can play linebacker or rush end. I look for him to do well once he gets back on the football field."

Previous Page123Next Page

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100728/ARTICLES/100729732/1402/NEWS?Title=Free-of-USC-now-FSU-USF-

• Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

landing Stanley would be NASTY

I don't know much about FSU's depth at LB...anyone know if he would start there?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Great that he is available to play immediately.

landing Stanley would be NASTY

I don't know much about FSU's depth at LB...anyone know if he would start there?

From the little I read, it appears they want him as a DE. They supposedly have an immediate opening there for him as a possible starter.  Perhaps, someone else here knows more about their situation and can tell us. 

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Why follow tradition at FSU when you can be a part of creating something new at USF? I see a brighter future for Glen Stanley in the green and gold; come to USF.

Archived