• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF might pick up a former 4-star DE soon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

USF is currently 2nd on the list of schools to transfer for USC commitment Glen Stanley.

He's spent the last 2 years at a JUCO out west, and has USF listed 2nd behind Florida State, for schools that he wants to transfer to.

Holtz & crew need to get this guy and hopefully USC lets him out of his LOI.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

I'd love to land him...and the 3-4 other possible transfers. 

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

USF is currently 2nd on the list of schools to transfer for USC commitment Glen Stanley.

He's spent the last 2 years at a JUCO out west, and has USF listed 2nd behind Florida State, for schools that he wants to transfer to.

if you read this article, he has several ties to USF and I think he could sign here

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/07/exusc-signee-stanley-has-ties-to-usf-football.html

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

if you read this article, he has several ties to USF and I think he could sign here

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/07/exusc-signee-stanley-has-ties-to-usf-football.html

Hopefully we can get this kid... USF needs some help on the DL replacing GS and JPP... since this kid would be a JUCO transfer I assume he could come right in and start playing?

• Content Count:  5,241

Hopefully we can get this kid... USF needs some help on the DL replacing GS and JPP... since this kid would be a JUCO transfer I assume he could come right in and start playing?

Yes he could.  Even Juniors and Seniors at USC are allowed to transfer out and play immediately elsewhere because of the penalties USC is under.

However, this guy is a juco signee so he shouldn't need to have any excuse to sit out

• Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Dont hold your breath he is FSU bound....

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I'll take him and Nickell Robey off of that USC roster. For that matter, if they all want to transfer to USF, welcome!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Glen Stanley awaits USC response; Trojans release Seantrel Henderson

By Chris Hays | Orlando Sentinel

3:03 a.m. EDT, July 7, 2010

os-recruiting-glen-stanley-photo_54797375.jpg

glen-stanley-awaiting-usc-release

Glen Stanley has been trying to get released from his USC scholarship for more than a week. He said he has made numerous phone calls and left messages for USC coaches, but has yet to hear back from the Trojans.

So head coach Lane Kiffin's comments to the L.A. Times on Tuesday were somewhat surprising considering what Stanley has repeatedly professed.

Highly touted 2010 recruit Seantrel Henderson was released from his scholarship commitment on Tuesday, while two other USC players have also announced their plans to transfer in DE Malik Jackson (to Tennessee) and LB Jordan Campbell (Louisville), according to the Times. But Kiffin told the Times that no other player had asked for his release.

"They haven't gotten in contact with me directly or said anything," Stanley said via cell phone from Ocala. "I tried to get in contact with the AD (Mike Garrett) and a couple guys in compliance. I actually talked to one guy [Thursday] but he couldn't give me answers on where I stand on my release."

The Sentinel also tried to reach Garrett, as well as several members of the football coaching staff at USC on Friday afternoon, but there was no answer in either office. The paper did reach USC sports information director Tim Tessalone via cell phone on Friday, but he said all questions about scholarship releases would have to go through the football office and that all coaches were on vacation for the rest of the month.

Stanley has been an intriguing story since committing to UCF out of Eastern Arizona Community College back in November. The linebacker from Ocala appeared to be headed toward a January enrollment at UCF following a mid-fall commitment, and the Knights were pleased to have landed such a gifted player.

Then, Stanley never showed. The Knights heard nothing from him as the spring semester swung into full gear. He finally resurfaced as a Tennessee commit. That was even up in the air until he wound up on Kiffin's board at USC on National Signing Day.

Following the recent sanctions handed the USC program for NCAA rules violations surrounding Reggie Bush and O.J. Mayo, players were free to be released from their scholarship commitments. USC faces a postseason ban for the next two seasons, as well as scholarship reductions during the next four years.

Stanley wants to return to Florida to finish his college career. He has a fiance and a 2-year-old daughter Alexandria back home in Ocala, where the 6-foot-2, 245-pound linebacker/defensive end is awaiting the USC release.

Kiffin told the Times, "We anticipate Glen being here by fall camp once he has taken care of everything."

The "everything," to which Kiffin was referring are apparently some academic issues. The Sentinel, unaware of academic issues, did not address those with Stanley in a recent phone interview, nor did Stanley volunteer any information.

Stanley had assumed that USC was required to release anyone upon request following the sanctions.

"That's what I thought, but as of right now it's not looking like they are going to grant my release," Stanley said. "As of right now, I don't know where I stand. Hopefully they grant my release. If not ... if it gets to that point, I will have to find someone in a legal office that can help me."

And standing by awaiting the go-ahead from Stanley is Orlando attorney Shannon Ligon should Stanley need further assistance with his release request.

Stanley has been said to be targeting Florida State as a potential landing spot.

"Actually, FSU is not my goal, but to get closer to home," Stanley said. "I have a family ... a daughter. I love football but I would rather be a father first and me getting back close to home is really the idea."

But Stanley has said he won't begin the process with other schools until he is released.

"I just want to get this release then I can really think about what school's defensive schemes fit me best," Stanley said. "I just know I want to stay around Ocala, Central Florida area. If my girlfriend wants to stay in Ocala and that's all fine with her, then that's fine with me, but if she wants to move with me and with the baby, that would be fine too. It's up to her. But if I stay somewhere close in Central Florida, it won't be that far away."

With that in mind, Florida is the closest to Ocala, a mere 30 minutes away, while UCF and USF are next, about 2 hours for both schools. Tallahassee would be about three hours.

Stanley said he knows he's made some poor decisions, but he's just trying to get on the right track.

"You're young and you make some decisions and you have to live with it," Stanley said. "I don't have a father figure and I'm kinda guiding myself, but at the end of day I'm still Glen Stanley and I will still have somewhere to play football come September. That's the plan."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-recruiting-glen-stanley-awaiting-usc-release,0,6396351.story

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  4,016

just got released from usc per joe schad's twitter

http://twitter.com/schadjoe

USC LB Glen Stanley said the school released him to transfer today

Hmmm is it us or FSU....we could use a break like this one!

Archived