• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF might pick up a former 4-star DE soon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Sounds like he's hell, oops I fsu bound.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Have faith in Holtz, he's got more charisma than Jimbo Fisher. He can offer immediate playing time and a school closer to his hometown of Ocala.

• Content Count:  21,310
  • Days Won:  10

Here is what Stanley told Warchant.com on Thursday after meeting with FSU coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff.

“I fell in love with Jimbo Fisher and Coach [Mark] Stoops,’’ he said. “I love the new attitudes and the facilities, and I just like my chances of playing.’’

What about that trip to USF on Friday?

“I don’t know; that’s a good question,’’ he told the FSU fan site. “I want to be done but I told the coaches down there [i would visit],†he said. “I know what I want to do, but I’ll make my decision Saturday. It’s going to be something with my family and I don’t want to go through a big ordeal.’’

Based on Stanley’s comments, sounds like Skip Holtz and Co. have their work cut out in landing Stanley, but in recruiting, you truly never know. Regardless of where he ends up, Stanley will have two years of college eligibility remaining.

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

From Scott:

Not sure it matters, but the attorney who represented Stanley is his quest to be released from USC is Shannon Ligon, who was born and raised in St. Pete, earned a degree from FSU in 2003, graduated from the CSB School of Broadcasting in Tampa in 2004, and currently runs a law firm in Orlando.

Can you say "pro bono".

• Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Having been released from his letter of intent by USC this week, linebacker Glen Stanley announced Friday that he will head to Florida State.

"My heart is at Florida State," Stanley said. "I have a great connection with all the coaches. It was tough to leave USC because I liked the coaching staff but I want to play for a championship and play in a bowl game."

Stanley said he also considered Miami, South Florida, Kansas State, Texas Tech and Baylor.

Stanley is 6-foot-2, 245 pounds and played last season at Eastern Arizona Junior College. He has two seasons of eligiblity left including this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5423327

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Sounds like he never came to visit.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Sounds like he never came to visit.

Aside from the obvious reason, according to GA in his chat today, USF hadn't received a release from USC on him. Perhaps, that is why he didn't show up.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

12:01  [Comment From Harborbulll: ]

Any news on glen stanley? 

Friday July 30, 2010 12:01 Harborbull

12:02  Harborbull is asking about Glen Stanley, a top junior college linebacker from Ocala who has gotten released from his letter of intent to USC. The folks up at Warchant.com had an update on him after his visit to FSU -- we'd reported last week he would be choosing between the Seminoles and Bulls. He talked to them about visiting USF today, but last I'd heard, USF hadn't gotten a release on him yet, which they need before he can have any kind of contact with Bulls coaches. 

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/replay-live-chat-greg-auman#comments

• Content Count:  21,310
  • Days Won:  10

What the hell is USC problem.

Archived