• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pre-Season Tailgate-Capogna's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

So is it official? - August 15 at 1:00 p.m.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Hey Dixie, FanFest is the afternoon of the 14th.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Hey Dixie, FanFest is the afternoon of the 14th.

Thanks  ;)

Hopefully I or one of y'all can get HCSH out on the 15th... I think we should do it either way, with or without HCSH, on that date.

I will also see if I can get Rocky...

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Fan Day is August 14th (a Saturday).

Before anyone commits to August 15th, lets see how this reaching out to Coach Holtz goes.  For instance, lets say he cannot do the 15th, but could do a week night or the following Sunday, it would be better to try to coordinate around his schedule.  I know we don't have to have him there to hold the fan event, but it sure would be a nice addition if we could get him there.

I am reaching out to athletics, so lets see what happens.  I think others are as well. 

• Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

A week night?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Yes, a week night.  Would you rather go to a Sunday event where it is just a bunch of us bulls penners hanging out getting food and eating watching a dvd of USF football from a previous season, or would you prefer to go, hear Holtz and maybe Heath speak, even if it were after work one evening (lets say it went from 5 - 9).

I have reached out to athletics.  My contact will not be back in the office until Monday, but I plan to pursue this vigorously early next week.    If someone else is already coordinating something, and would prefer I not do anything, then that is okay too.  I have plenty to do on my own without getting involved with this. 

So just pm me and I will back off.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

OK folks, things are looking up. I just got off of the phone with (Nooch) and he said the DVD of last season's highlights is no problem. I told him about our situation and he'll run it by Coach Holtz when he gets back from vacation this week. He said the 15th might not look good but sometime after that might be possible.  I'm gonna call "Big Al" right now about setting it up at Capogana's. As of this second, there is no positive date set, but like I said this is a step in the right direction. As for the Sundolls, and whatever else, those groups (cheerleaders , Rocky & Band) usually charge for coming out to events. ( this is why we need a local, and free USF Alumni Band that still wants to connect with the fans---  But that's a different thread.)    -mutt

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Matt,

There is an Alumni band.... well sort of.... I'm stuck at work but if you check with the HOT offices they should be able to put you in touch... The girls who organizes it is local as are most of the members... probably something they would jump at...

• Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Thanks Incredibull and Mutt.  Let me know if I can help.

Archived