• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Pre-Season Tailgate-Capogna's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

not at all, it was ugly 7th grade home ec class

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you all for the kind words of support for everyone who helped put the tailgate together but the real reason for not doing it this year is three fold. First my friend Coach Art Jones, together, we were unstoppable. It was amazing the amount of time and money we would spend just to have fun and to see what we could get away with only to support USF. Anyway, over the years, Coach has changed and I feel no longer wants to participate in the frivolity (and as of this point, we are not exactly on speaking terms -which really sucks.)

Second, in the beginning, we invited everybody to the Tailgate just because they supported USF. Anyone who remotely looked like they were backing the program were allowed to show up, sell whatever they had, and leave with every penny. We invited both Bulls Outfitter and Bulls Heaven and Craig stood by us while Jeff laughed us off (and some of you know the rest of that story). We invited the AA to show up and the first year they signed 11 new memberships. My wife and I joined the board and kept doing the event until last year, when we all decided that the Tailgate should be the signature event for Pinellas County. Needless to say, when too many fingers are in the pie, everybody has to have an opinion. Certain people didn’t like the venue, or the food, or the other volunteers and we turned the party into a business and started charging people to sell their wares (a vote which I regret). So what started out to be a fun get together of fans turned into work. I've already taken a lot of heat for speaking about this publically, but hey, I call it like I see it. Recently I have resigned my position from the board and been in limbo since.

Then, I decided to hell with everyone, and I’d put it on myself. I’ve been catching heat from all sides and still really wanted to do it. Selfishly- after all, it’s my party and I can do what I want. We contacted Holtz, who was open to the idea and went to every event since his arrival to build up a repertoire with him. I was told to contact his office, to set up a meeting with him and was shot down one too many times. Jaded, and after all of the other previous ********, I threw in the towel for this year and just decided to stay at Capogna’s for the watch parties this season. True, they more than likely won’t be sponsored by the Alumni Assoc. but we started the party without them, so we can keep pushing on.

I'm still open to the possibility of a small get together, why the hell not? Over the years I realized that everyone has the power to do what I have done. Believe me, I am nothing special and if someone wants to have a party full of insane fans, then do it. It will take some time but they will come. I hope this explains my situation a bit. Again, Thank you all.

The First Sergeant of Saturday,  -Mutt   

P.S. I wish I could have a nice crocheted pillow to sleep at night...

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Mutt,

PM me and we can share contact info.  I personally know the Capognas and would be happy to reach out to Hotz's office if we could agree on a date.  I don't think this is too late of notice to do it, maybe on a Sunday afternoon or something. 

I like informal.  Screw the people selling stuff and coordinating with other groups who don't want to take on responsibility for this.  We can just book the place, get the coach there, and have fun without any responsibility.  I know Capognas would do some specials related to it, and we could keep it simple.

We can advertise it by word of mouth and this message board.  Keep it informal, small, intimate, and fun without stress.

I didn't go last year, but it sounded like it turned into a circus.  While grandious plans are nice, sometimes it can take away from the reason everyone is there.  To have fun, support the bulls, and see the coach.  Maybe we can get holtz and heath there.

PM me if you want to work on this together.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Mutt,

PM me and we can share contact info.  I personally know the Capognas and would be happy to reach out to Hotz's office if we could agree on a date.  I don't think this is too late of notice to do it, maybe on a Sunday afternoon or something. 

I like informal.  Screw the people selling stuff and coordinating with other groups who don't want to take on responsibility for this.  We can just book the place, get the coach there, and have fun without any responsibility.  I know Capognas would do some specials related to it, and we could keep it simple.

We can advertise it by word of mouth and this message board.  Keep it informal, small, intimate, and fun without stress.

I didn't go last year, but it sounded like it turned into a circus.  While grandious plans are nice, sometimes it can take away from the reason everyone is there.  To have fun, support the bulls, and see the coach.  Maybe we can get holtz and heath there.

PM me if you want to work on this together.

I like your style man, and I'm in full agreement. I don't think there would ever be a problem about having it at Capogna's, Big Al is a helluva guy who is always in support of USF. Let me call him and see what can happen.

• Content Count:  89

Pick the data. Do we really need the coach there? If he can come great! Through a DVD in the TV and order some wings and pitchers. Let's do it.

• Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

I suggested 8/8 at 1pm earlier in this thread. I don't know anybody of importance, but

"I'm good at drinking beer!"

Count me in, I'll help anyway possible.

Ok, I posted two different places on FB. No date or time, just asking CSH to come and speak.

• Content Count:  2,558

so you are saying there's a chance

ajusf16, will you be there on whatever day is decided?

Bullistic, Mutt, IncrediBULL, and me and my wife.

We're on a roll now!

• Content Count:  21,234
  • Days Won:  10

ajusf16, will you be there on whatever day is decided?

Bullistic, Mutt, IncrediBULL, and me and my wife.

We're on a roll now!

Add Rizman to that list.

Archived