• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pre-Season Tailgate-Capogna's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

ajusf16, will you be there on whatever day is decided?

Bullistic, Mutt, IncrediBULL, and me and my wife.

We're on a roll now!

Add Rizman to that list.

+2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Mutt,

PM me and we can share contact info.  I personally know the Capognas and would be happy to reach out to Hotz's office if we could agree on a date.  I don't think this is too late of notice to do it, maybe on a Sunday afternoon or something. 

I like informal.  Screw the people selling stuff and coordinating with other groups who don't want to take on responsibility for this.  We can just book the place, get the coach there, and have fun without any responsibility.  I know Capognas would do some specials related to it, and we could keep it simple.

We can advertise it by word of mouth and this message board.  Keep it informal, small, intimate, and fun without stress.

I didn't go last year, but it sounded like it turned into a circus.  While grandious plans are nice, sometimes it can take away from the reason everyone is there.  To have fun, support the bulls, and see the coach.  Maybe we can get holtz and heath there.

PM me if you want to work on this together.

I like your style man, and I'm in full agreement. I don't think there would ever be a problem about having it at Capogna's, Big Al is a helluva guy who is always in support of USF. Let me call him and see what can happen.

IncrediBULL & Mutt, please let me know what I can do to lend a horn to getting this hootenanny going.

Also count me and about 3 others in as well  ;)

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Count us in too :)

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Pick the data. Do we really need the coach there? If he can come great! Through a DVD in the TV and order some wings and pitchers. Let's do it.

I say yes, we need the coach there.  That is what really makes it an event.

so you are saying there's a chance

I'd say there is at least a 75% liklihood we will get something going at capognas to kick off the season, some form of event.

Let us work on some details (ie things like date, time, coach speaking there, etc) and we'll get back with everyone...

I'd hate to see this event not occur.

• Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

Whoa.....let me clarify a couple of things that my sweet husband may not have communicated clearly...bless his heart! ;)

CAPOGNA'S is definitely not the problem...they would do anything for us.

Coach Holtz for the most part is not the problem.

Athletics is not the problem and in fact Eric has tried to help us get it going this year.

The problem lies with the gatekeeper to Holtz.  She is unwilling to set up a meeting, which Holtz himself asked us for.  She hasn't returned calls or emails or always just says he's not available.  THAT has been our MAIN problem.

Now as for a laid back tailgate...we're all for it.... BUT not on 8/8, if you want Mutt there.  We will be on vacation 8/2-8/9...so pick another date, maybe the 15th and we'll be there.

• Content Count:  1,142

Pick the data. Do we really need the coach there? If he can come great! Through a DVD in the TV and order some wings and pitchers. Let's do it.

I say yes, we need the coach there.   That is what really makes it an event.

BTW...the very first PST did NOT have CJL there and we still drew over 100 people.

I say yes, we need the coach there.   That is what really makes it an event.

BTW...the very first PST did NOT have CJL there and we still drew over 100 people.

That is good to know.  I guess we won't have the help of the Alumn Assn from what I hear. But I think if we can get the coach there, that will help to promote it.  I have reached out to Mutt and hopefully he and I will hook up to discuss it and it sounds like others would lend a hand too.  I am reaching out to Athletics to see what they say, and we can move frmo there...  I am all for this and this will help us kick things off.

On a side note anyone know when Fan day is?

• Content Count:  1,479

I'm glad there is a chance this could happen. I've always wanted to go but something ALWAYS comes up that day/weekend that I can't. I'm in the camp of if Skip comes, great, if not, we can still party/talk about USF/watch DVDs of games and have a great time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,349
  • Days Won:  10

Mutt,

PM me and we can share contact info.  I personally know the Capognas and would be happy to reach out to Hotz's office if we could agree on a date.  I don't think this is too late of notice to do it, maybe on a Sunday afternoon or something. 

I like informal.  Screw the people selling stuff and coordinating with other groups who don't want to take on responsibility for this.  We can just book the place, get the coach there, and have fun without any responsibility.  I know Capognas would do some specials related to it, and we could keep it simple.

We can advertise it by word of mouth and this message board.  Keep it informal, small, intimate, and fun without stress.

I didn't go last year, but it sounded like it turned into a circus.  While grandious plans are nice, sometimes it can take away from the reason everyone is there.  To have fun, support the bulls, and see the coach.  Maybe we can get holtz and heath there.

PM me if you want to work on this together.

I like your style man, and I'm in full agreement. I don't think there would ever be a problem about having it at Capogna's, Big Al is a helluva guy who is always in support of USF. Let me call him and see what can happen.

IncrediBULL & Mutt, please let me know what I can do to lend a horn to getting this hootenanny going.

Also count me and about 3 others in as well  ;)

Hold on a second!  You ain't doin' this without me and Judy!  I pm'd you - give me a call.  Hernando fans can caravan down.  WE CAN'T LET THIS DIE!!!  With precious few traditions we can point to this is a Bull tradition through and through!  And just because our asses are in Hernando County doesn't mean our hearts aren't in Bulls Country!!!

Archived