• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pre-Season Tailgate-Capogna's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I have no problem with the Alumni association personally, I'm just not on the board anymore.  I think a strong AA is a good thing for any college.  I just don't want it to become a circus.  We're in contact with athletics, and Craig is on board as always. Let's just lay back with  a beer  and have fun with it and see what happens.

Agreed.  I am a lifetime member of the alumni assn, and was very active in the past.

But I agree, no need for this to turn into a circus.  Lets start simple: a location, a date, a coach, and some fans.  We can decide how much to add, or not to add, once all of the basics are in place. 

I for one like the pureness of a simple event, rather than a PT Barnum kind of thing.

+1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunburned

I have received a response back from Athletics and they are going to review Holtz's schedule to look for potential dates.

August is tough, it was noted, due to camps and practice schedules, plus they are doing the RJS Fan day 8/14.  But we should hear something back shortly on that.

They will also get with Heath's office to see about getting him to attend/speak.

Will also probably have a Ticket/Sales person there to promote ticket sales.  I have already been in touch with those guys.

As far as Bulls Outfitters, I think we need to wait on getting merchandises in the mix.  I know the Alumni Assn works with one of the groups, and Athletics works with the other.  Lets see who helps us get this event together (Ie athletics vs alumn assn) and we can ask them what their choice is.   We don't want to put the cart in front of the horse on this.

Again, no guarantees on this event, but at least it is moving forward.   I will be sure to post updates, as I get them.  I won't give up unless I get either a firm Yes or a firm No.   

1.  Why Stan Heath?  I thought this was a football pre-season tailgate.

2.  Why have vendors (other than food and drink),  unless they are going to sponsor it?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  0

Bulls Outfitter has been sponsoring this event for 4 years. We will continue to do so and help any others that want to put on this type of event. I started Bulls Outfitter as a side thought and through fan support and loyalty it has grown tremendously. For that I thank all of you! We are just finishing our latest expansion. It is going to be an amazing place to shop! I hope to see everyone at Capagna's Dugout. Please be sure to that the Capagna Family when you are there. Without them the past years and this years event would not have been possible!

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

4 years and you still can't spell it...?    Jeezsh, You drinking early today?  ;)  All BS aside, Craig not only gives us free crap for the Tailgate but sponsors the watch parties as well.  It's the only place I shop,  he's stood by us from the beginning and if you don't like it, tuff shizzle. :-*

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

4 years and you still can't spell it...?     Jeezsh, You drinking early today?  ;)   All BS aside, Craig not only gives us free crap for the Tailgate but sponsors the watch parties as well.  It's the only place I shop,  he's stood by us from the beginning and if you don't like it, tuff shizzle. :-*

From a personal perspective, I shop at both of the major USF places (BH and BO) and like both of them.  And I can appreciate that one or the other or both were part of past events.  But lets also not forget that this event is going on and I don't see the Alumn Assn stepping up to ensure it happens.  I really don't see the Athl Assn doing everything yet, either.  For the most part, so far, this event "by the fans, for the fans", and we are coordinating ourselves. 

That being said, if one group or the other steps up and helps out, and if they dictate that one retail merchandiser or another needs to be there due to their relationship, I am not one who would stand in the way.  At minimum, if we want Athletics to help out on this, which at this time it appears they are doing the most to help, I would not want to preclude them from anything they felt was important.  Again, I do not profess to know the relationship between USF retailers and the Athletic/Alumni assn's.  But I do believe the "Team Store" based on the main USF Athletics site, is BH.

Again, let me reiterate, I do not care if one, both, or no retailers show up (though I think it would be great if one did, and if we got some items to raffle off, and if patrons had an opportunity to purchase more Bulls gear).  I just want to make sure, in all fairness, that we remain open to the wishes (if any) of whoever best helps us get this event off of the ground.  But I do think it is premature to commit to any particular organization, lets see how this gets off the ground, first.

I invited Jeff to the first two events and I guess he thought we were small potatoes and weren't worth his time. After we were drawing approx. 500 people, he started holding his own event that coordinates with FAD.  Craig from Bulls Outfitter on the other hand volunteered his time and merchandise not only for the past 4 tailgates, but for our watch parties as well. There's something to be said about loyalty, and I'm saying it. It's the same reason we still have the event at Capogna's, he let us do right by USF and their fans. Some people thought the event outgrew the location, but it's not about the size of the place, it's about the tradition. If fans need something to be a part of, this is it. I don't care if Craig ran over Judy Genshaft's dog, he'll be there.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I invited Jeff to the first two events and I guess he thought we were small potatoes and weren't worth his time. After we were drawing approx. 500 people, he started holding his own event that coordinates with FAD.  Craig from Bulls Outfitter on the other hand volunteered his time and merchandise not only for the past 4 tailgates, but for our watch parties as well. There's something to be said about loyalty, and I'm saying it. It's the same reason we still have the event at Capogna's, he let us do right by USF and their fans. Some people thought the event outgrew the location, but it's not about the size of the place, it's about the tradition. If fans need something to be a part of, this is it. I don't care if Craig ran over Judy Genshaft's dog, he'll be there.

Judy has a dog?

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not coming if somebody runs over Judy's dog is going to be there.  ;D

ARF !!!      LOL, I don't know about a dog, but I'm sure Rocky 2 is somewhere in her back yard...

Archived