• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pre-Season Tailgate-Capogna's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Fan Day is August 14th (a Saturday).

Before anyone commits to August 15th, lets see how this reaching out to Coach Holtz goes.  For instance, lets say he cannot do the 15th, but could do a week night or the following Sunday, it would be better to try to coordinate around his schedule.  I know we don't have to have him there to hold the fan event, but it sure would be a nice addition if we could get him there.

I am reaching out to athletics, so lets see what happens.  I think others are as well. 

I got no where with the Alumni, to sum it up in a nutshell since this is not an alumni event they are not going to get involved. Thus unless we can get athletics to get involved or get in contact with HCSH through private channels I doubt we will be able to get HCSH or Rocky out this year.

I was thinking that the Bulls ticket office might be interested in getting involved to sell tickets to non-football sports... Soccer tickets I believe are on sale... also they could push things for the new stadiums like those name bricks and such.

I have to stop by Bulls Outfitter on my lunch break today to take back something, if Craig is in I will give him a heads up about this event. Maybe they might be interested in selling stuff.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I have received a response back from Athletics and they are going to review Holtz's schedule to look for potential dates.

August is tough, it was noted, due to camps and practice schedules, plus they are doing the RJS Fan day 8/14.  But we should hear something back shortly on that.

They will also get with Heath's office to see about getting him to attend/speak.

Will also probably have a Ticket/Sales person there to promote ticket sales.  I have already been in touch with those guys.

As far as Bulls Outfitters, I think we need to wait on getting merchandises in the mix.  I know the Alumni Assn works with one of the groups, and Athletics works with the other.  Lets see who helps us get this event together (Ie athletics vs alumn assn) and we can ask them what their choice is.  We don't want to put the cart in front of the horse on this.

Again, no guarantees on this event, but at least it is moving forward.  I will be sure to post updates, as I get them.  I won't give up unless I get either a firm Yes or a firm No. 

OK folks, things are looking up. I just got off of the phone with (Nooch) and he said the DVD of last season's highlights is no problem. I told him about our situation and he'll run it by Coach Holtz when he gets back from vacation this week. He said the 15th might not look good but sometime after that might be possible.  I'm gonna call "Big Al" right now about setting it up at Capogana's. As of this second, there is no positive date set, but like I said this is a step in the right direction. As for the Sundolls, and whatever else, those groups (cheerleaders , Rocky & Band) usually charge for coming out to events. ( this is why we need a local, and free USF Alumni Band that still wants to connect with the fans---  But that's a different thread.)    -mutt

Mutt, please call me.  I just pm'd you.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

ajusf16, will you be there on whatever day is decided?

Bullistic, Mutt, IncrediBULL, and me and my wife.

We're on a roll now!

I would love to attend, but witout it being a set date it is impossible to committ

We are on a "temporary" holding patter, just long enough for Holtz's vacation to be over and for them to review his calendar. 

We are approaching this from multiple angles, and there will be some form of event, and most likely one with a coach or coaches there.

Just cannot lock down a date, yet, until we hear back from them. 

btw, Mutt and I spoke and everyone seems to be on the same page. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

If you guys need anything, pm me. Especially after the details are finalized.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I have no problem with the Alumni association personally, I'm just not on the board anymore.  I think a strong AA is a good thing for any college.  I just don't want it to become a circus.  We're in contact with athletics, and Craig is on board as always. Let's just lay back with  a beer  and have fun with it and see what happens.

I have no problem with the Alumni association personally, I'm just not on the board anymore.  I think a strong AA is a good thing for any college.  I just don't want it to become a circus.  We're in contact with athletics, and Craig is on board as always. Let's just lay back with  a beer  and have fun with it and see what happens.

Agreed.  I am a lifetime member of the alumni assn, and was very active in the past.

But I agree, no need for this to turn into a circus.  Lets start simple: a location, a date, a coach, and some fans.  We can decide how much to add, or not to add, once all of the basics are in place. 

I for one like the pureness of a simple event, rather than a PT Barnum kind of thing.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

did you say beer? :D

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Did someone mention a beer?

On a Friday afternoon?

Archived