• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pre-Season Tailgate-Capogna's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

To Mutt & Crew...Although it disappoints me to hear the Pre-Season Tailgate Bash will not happen this year it will always have a place in our hearts and memory-banks of special events tied to USF. The only thing close was Tampa's version at (Bullsheaven). Many of us who attended, did with a smile on our faces, and that was an indication of the fun spirit of those in charge of organizing the event...I would not have been able to attend this years but would have in "Bull Spirit"...From the many of us who enjoyed the mugs and special-priced eats--we say--Hats off and Thanks!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

It saddens me to hear this news.  I would make the drive from North Tampa to congregate with the Best Bulls fans in the area.  I met more Bullspenners at these functions than any other.  Mutt and the rest of the Pinellas Chapter did a great service for USF and Bulls fans.  Thanks for all your hard work and dedication for the past Preseason Tailgates.  At least I have the old mugs I can still drink my beer from!! 

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Thanks to all of the Pinellas Alumni that worked so hard on this event. We'll miss it.

See you guys on Aug. 14th at the Rays game!

• Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

This was becoming a pretty big tradition.  My family and I have attended for the last 4 years.  Always really enjoyed it.  I understand how difficult it must be to put this all together and I am very thankful to the folks that put all the time and effort into this event each year.  We are very thankful to you for all the good pre-season tailgate party memories.

• Content Count:  2,558

so its still a no :D?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Hey Mutt,

Just being curious.  Is the event not occuring because Capogna's said no, or is it the coordination required, or can we not get Skip, or is the athletics or alumni groups nixing it?

I ask as I was very involved many years ago in the inception of these events, and while the Capogna's one got pretty big, a more scaled back version wouldn't be that hard as long as we could get Skip there.  Just take it back a few years and keep it all indoors and have some food/beer specials and the coach talks for 15 minutes then signs some autographs.

Though I have been out of it for a while, I would be willing to assist if needed on that.  Send me a personal message if you want some help.  This is the best event of the year.

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Why can't we just pick a day and meet at Capogna's? Maybe Skip shows, maybe not. BULLS fans meeting up and enjoying meeting and talking BULLS.

Let's say 8/8/10 at 1:00pm? I'm in! Who else??

From what I have heard, Skip would talk to a boy scout troop and probably a quilting club, if they asked.

I bet he would come, if we could get it arranged.

Just waiting to hear what Mutt has to say, and it can go/grow from there.

I just cannot see this event not happening, but it may have to be scaled back a bit. 

• Content Count:  2,558

I was a boy scout and crocheted a pillow once

I was a boy scout and crocheted a pillow once

Was it Green and Gold?  Did it have a large iconic "U" that resembled horns on it?

Archived