• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does USF have a rival?

Guest AstroBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

The Bulls biggest rivalry is the 2nd half of seasons. Which they've been losing the last three seasons.

DOH'

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,501

Did you notice those games listed the least number of games played was 53 against each other.  I am with the decade group.  It will take alot more games played then we have played anyone yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,643
  • Days Won:  424

So while I would not define it as a classic rivalry yet, given the growth of both schools, and the similarities between our schools, and our proximity to each other, I would suspect that someday the UCF/USF game will be to us like the UF/FSU game is to those fans.  And I think that will happen within a decade.  

Only way that happens is if we both get in the same conference .... or, possibly, the same level (both BCS, both non-BCS) ... I'm assuming your predicting that happening with your within a decade prediction.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Hate to say this:  UCF is presently USF's only true rival.  We despise them so much, we won't even play them in football!

I agree... UCiF is our only true rival right now... WV is a one sided rivalry, most WV fans I have spoke with don't consider it a rivalry game.

I agree with both post. Not just in sports but in everything we just plain hate each other! The closet thing that felt like a rival games were the ones we played against them. But other than that I can't stand them it takes a lot of will power to not yell at one of those idiots when I see a ucif license tag or sticker or anything!!

I agree. I think the best way to judge a rivalry is attendance at all sporting events when UCF and USF play, including Olympic Sports. Also when each beat writer mentions the other school, it usually results in the most comments/hits. Don't have numbers but I'm sure the USF-UCF matchup is usually either the highest attended or close to it for a womens volleyball match, baseball game, football game, etc. Most opposing fans I come across 'offline' want the game(especially under 35ish crowd). It really riles up people for different reasons. ;D

While it pains me I agree with this dude... I only go to non-football sports when we play UCiF regardless of the sport.

I hate these douches worse then any other which includes Canes, Gators, and Buckeyes. When I see one of their cars on the road I get a shot of rage and a voice that says run them off the road .

Hatred is my definition of a true rival... hell look at how much we hate them and they have yet to beat us in football. If that is not a rival then I don't know what is.

Personally I would love to have Miami as a rival, but in order for that to occur we (USF) are gonna have to become more hated by Canes fans then FSU, which is their main rival right now, and I don't see that occurring anytime soon. Look at UNC they have beaten Miami a number of times and made them look stupid since they joined the ACC and there is not a rivalry brewing there what so ever.

USF needs to learn that we can't pick or engineer a rivalry of our choosing.

Regarding WV... I have a bunch of family up there in WV and some are Eer's fans (rest are Marshall fans) and they nor their fan base consider our conf. game a rivalry. They don't sell "Beat USF" shirts or hold pep rallies before our conf. game... they look at us like we look at UConn... an annoyance that some times gets "lucky".

Now if you will excuse me I will go and burn my keyboard and mouse.

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Hate is a strong word.  To me, UCF is a rival of USF, not an enemy.  I don't like UCF a lot, but I don't hate them.  I mean if like I saw a UCFer stranded, broken down with a flat tire in the middle of nowhere, I wouldn't try to run over him--I'd maybe help him by throwing a tire iron at him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,643
  • Days Won:  424

I hate these douches worse then any other which includes Canes, Gators, and Buckeyes. When I see one of their cars on the road I get a shot of rage and a voice that says run them off the road .

Hatred is my definition of a true rival... hell look at how much we hate them and they have yet to beat us in football. If that is not a rival then I don't know what is.

That's the thing. Everybody has their own definition of rivalry. That's yours ... I have a deepseated hatred of the Gators but I'd never think of them as a rival.

• Content Count:  203

I would have to say FIU.

• Content Count:  4,642

WVU, UL (series split), Cincy and Rutgers are the most likely to be a rival in my opinion.  UCF is a popular rival, even though we don't play them.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

That's your opinion, but I am sure that this hatred you have for them is not shared by many USF fans. I don't hate UCF. Some of their fans leave a lot to be desired, but you get that with every fan base.

Triple B summed it up based with his analogy concerning UF.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

WVU.

Archived