• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

gators after stony brook

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

HELLO....Earth to somewhat-educated posters. Tebow has moved on along with about 9 other starters from offense and defense in case you hadn't kept up with this draft-thingy a couple weeks back (9 drafted and 1-2 other seniors?). They have a big unknown at QB, receiver and most of their defense....so much so that Meyer has already initiated the short yardage crazy gator whatever that will pull Brantley out on third and short and maintain the Tebow running offense. Likewise, their week 1 cupcake will not give Brantley and their defense any perspective of what is to follow in week 2.

Its not so much who got drafted, its look who's behind who got drafted. UF is in a much better position to win this game than USF, anyone who argues otherwise is not even a "somewhat educated poster".

And how much meaningful time on the field did Brantley and the other 4-5 star redshirt freshman and sophomore 2nd stringers get last year sitting behind the 9 NFL-drafted players? Answer: not much. Brantley saw the 3rd qtr of the already decided Kentucky game and promptly fumbled away one of the first snaps. And whoever got to go in for the suspended Dunlap in the Bama game and promptly got demolished. They are talking about the true freshman 5-star Elam playing in the secondary this year. He will probably be a phenomenal player by the end of the season but not in game 2. The gators are rebuilding...nobody replaces 9 NFL-caliber players to the same level by game 2. Other than not having JPP, Mitchell and Love available to play them, this is the best time to get them with us having the more experienced QB. Who goes into Auburn at night (where they gave the only loss to the NC Gators the year before) and beats them? Who goes into Tallahassee with an unproven QB after they just demolished a Top 10 BYU team who demolished an Oklahoma team with like 5 first rounders and beats them? Just Remember, the gators will have the QB who has never started a college game before. As we cried out in Tally last year...."it smells like Auburn, it smells like Auburn"

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I do not fear the Gayturds.....I feel we are going to be competitive; I'm not saying we win-but I think if we lose it will be closer than the UM game

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

is like facing a fast ball pitcher after a knuckle baller

bad for bulls

Well crap! Why bother?  >:D

Actually, I'd rather face a fast ball pitcher after struggling with a knuckler all night. Doesn't matter though, I can't wait for the game, regardless of the challenge or outcome.

• Content Count:  193

HELLO....Earth to somewhat-educated posters. Tebow has moved on along with about 9 other starters from offense and defense in case you hadn't kept up with this draft-thingy a couple weeks back (9 drafted and 1-2 other seniors?). They have a big unknown at QB, receiver and most of their defense....so much so that Meyer has already initiated the short yardage crazy gator whatever that will pull Brantley out on third and short and maintain the Tebow running offense. Likewise, their week 1 cupcake will not give Brantley and their defense any perspective of what is to follow in week 2.

Its not so much who got drafted, its look who's behind who got drafted. UF is in a much better position to win this game than USF, anyone who argues otherwise is not even a "somewhat educated poster".

And how much meaningful time on the field did Brantley and the other 4-5 star redshirt freshman and sophomore 2nd stringers get last year sitting behind the 9 NFL-drafted players? Answer: not much. Brantley saw the 3rd qtr of the already decided Kentucky game and promptly fumbled away one of the first snaps. And whoever got to go in for the suspended Dunlap in the Bama game and promptly got demolished. They are talking about the true freshman 5-star Elam playing in the secondary this year. He will probably be a phenomenal player by the end of the season but not in game 2. The gators are rebuilding...nobody replaces 9 NFL-caliber players to the same level by game 2. Other than not having JPP, Mitchell and Love available to play them, this is the best time to get them with us having the more experienced QB. Who goes into Auburn at night (where they gave the only loss to the NC Gators the year before) and beats them? Who goes into Tallahassee with an unproven QB after they just demolished a Top 10 BYU team who demolished an Oklahoma team with like 5 first rounders and beats them? Just Remember, the gators will have the QB who has never started a college game before. As we cried out in Tally last year...."it smells like Auburn, it smells like Auburn"

I agree that this is the best time to be facing Florida since the Zook days but their talent is overwhelming. Realistically, we have a couple of players who would even sniff a roster spot on their team. Skip will need a helluva game plan to keep this one close.

• Content Count:  178

How do I get tickets? Never been a season-ticket holder and have been out of state for a while. But I'm back and have to go to this game. Just the thought of not being there if we were to win gets me down. If we get embarrassed, so be it. I can get drunk and laugh it off, oh well. But if we were to win??.......I want to be there.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Without a doubt, there's a talent gap between both teams. You have to play the game to win though. I'm looking forward to the experience, and I'd love to see some difference in our offensive and defensive play from last year. That, to me, will indicate some progress on the part of Holtz with USF. At the very least, I know I'll be having a great time watching my Bulls. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it is great to play them nonetheless

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  19

How do I get tickets? Never been a season-ticket holder and have been out of state for a while. But I'm back and have to go to this game. Just the thought of not being there if we were to win gets me down. If we get embarrassed, so be it. I can get drunk and laugh it off, oh well. But if we were to win??.......I want to be there.

This is likely going to be a tough ticket.  You may have to get them the old-fashioned way and some folks will probably get scalped.  I just ordered mine and was told the tickets were first allocated to Iron Bulls and above with the right to purchase four.  That means some folks fairly hight on the priority points food chain could be left hanging with regard to the allotment through the school.

As for the game coming Sept. 11 on the heels of Stonybrook, you have to play them as they come and it is debatable whether it is better to have a lower level tuneup game.  I think this year, it probably helps.  The reality is, the Gators are always tough, especially at home, and very few folks go into the Swamp and win, no matter how good they may be and what the setup is.  The environment will be hostile, literally and figuratively, for the Bulls first foray into Gainseville.   This won't be like FSU.  Still, you have to go, back the boys and hope for the best.

Go Bulls!    

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I just ordered mine and was told the tickets were first allocated to Iron Bulls and above with the right to purchase four.

Shouldn't you be known as Iron Bull then?  ;)

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Went to uf spring game and USF spring game. Ummm we might be in trouble. From what I saw uf can spread the field with ease and they caught just about everything thrown. USF spring game dropped passes, some nice runs melted back down to USF of last year. Hope we can get things fixed, I still believe we can win but it will take sure will power to do so.

Archived