• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

odds of usf beating florida next year

what's the chances we beat florida next year  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The game is in our first 5, so its a lock that we win.......HELLO?!?!?!? We always start 5-0 people! Haha

Under Leavitt...

Holtz might be an 0-5 then 7-0 kinda guy.  People are saying he's the opposite of Leavitt  ;D

We could win the Big East at 7-5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

Had to endure crap from a UF fan over the weekend that our game with them is nothing more than a "pre-season" game because their first two games are always scheduled that way.  >:(

The UF fan was right.  When this game was scheduled we were not in the BE and may not have even been in C-USA.  This was a money game for us.  Things have changed and we are alot better - good enough ?  Maybe not but we sure aren't the team they signed up for.

This game was scheduled within the last 4 years, so we were definitely in the BE. I remember when we inked them down because it was after we had our first shot at UM. All the articles were saying how UF and UM agreed to play us but FSU wouldn't. Then we inked the deal with FSU soon after. They wouldn't have played us most likely if we were in CUSA or Independent.

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

The game is in our first 5, so its a lock that we win.......HELLO?!?!?!? We always start 5-0 people! Haha

Under Leavitt...

Holtz might be an 0-5 then 7-0 kinda guy.  People are saying he's the opposite of Leavitt  ;D

We could win the Big East at 7-5

You know I would take that actually.  I am sure it would make the Big East look bad but it's not like it can look too much worse as it is.

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

Florida is most likely going to beat us but it is a big step in the right direction to be playing them. The loss will surely be forgotten when we win the BE!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The odds are not good, but there is a chance.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The Swamp is a totally different setup than Doak, but if we can get 12-15k raucous Bulls fans up in that stadium like we did in Tally, we may be able to make a difference.  All the FSU fans I've talked to that were at the game this past year said we were insane, and we were truly a 12th man for USF. 

• Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

That's what I thought. They are replacing several key players. I think their arrogance will hurt them this year.

Their back up QB was listed as one of the only that could get the top 10 teams to the NC if the starter went down. That's how good he is. UF has depth everywhere I wish we had.

Id take BJ over Bantley anyday........ and I HAVE KNOWN BRANTLEY MY WHOLE LIFE. Lets just say we played high school football together. he wasnt as good as it was more that we had weak opponents. we played 2b.......

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

The Swamp is a totally different setup than Doak, but if we can get 12-15k raucous Bulls fans up in that stadium like we did in Tally, we may be able to make a difference.  All the FSU fans I've talked to that were at the game this past year said we were insane, and we were truly a 12th man for USF. 

FSU gave USF lots of extra tickets because their games haven't been selling out and they're happy to have the revenue. UF doesn't have any problems with ticket sales. I highly doubt they give us more than 5K tickets, or whatever number is typical for them to give an away team.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

In the bag.  Given 6+ months to prepare, if Holtz can't beat UF he should be fired.

Seriously, I think we have a shot.  UF lost a lot of players and a DC.  Who knows if their coach will be back on the sidelines.  I'd put it at 15%-20%

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We definitly have a shot. Tebow, Cooper, and Hernandez are gone but they return four in the line, their three RBs and their remaining receivers, and get Andre Debose I there.

It will come down to whether our offense can exploit their untested secondary.

Archived