• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For the people worried about Carnes...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Carnes does have some family ties to Nebraska.  His blood brother J. Young has gone on record to say that he would not let him come here.  I haven't heard if he has changed his tune. J. Young is on record as saying the old coach did nothing wrong and he was sitting right in front of where it happened. 

People keep saying this about Young.  The kid isn't stupid.  As long as CJL was here, he was going to say all the right things.  I have no doubt he was close to CJL.  That's great.  But then reality sets in.  What's done is done.  CJL is no longer an option.  USF is, and USF has a very likeable coach.  Why would Young want to transfer and sit out a year?  Why would Young steer Carnes away, if there is a good coach in place at USF?  USF is the Carnes home.  After the emotion dies down, it still makes sense for Young to want Carnes at USF.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

as new USF coach Skip Holtz is expected to try to lure his ECU commits to Florida

I thught Skip wasn't going to do that ...... or was that just until they got a coach?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

as new USF coach Skip Holtz is expected to try to lure his ECU commits to Florida

I thught Skip wasn't going to do that ...... or was that just until they got a coach?

Well, maybe now that they have a coach their verbals are fair game. I'm not sure.

• Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

From today's Omaha.com

Carnes backed away from South Florida when coach Jim Leavitt was fired this month. The QB visited USF last week, but it looks like he'll play elsewhere in college, Conboy said.

“It's not the same,†the coach said. “They've got a pretty big hill to climb to get back into it.â€

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100122/BIGRED/701229821/0/FRONTPAGE

• Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

He is on a plane right now according to the reports that he had to take his SAT/ACT this morning here and then fly to Omaha.  Let's hope for bad weather but since the head coach is gone and the main recruiter that recruited him, it doesn't look good.    Rumors are Sanders

will commit to the Gamecocks this weekend.  If this goes down, the same people stating that say that Carnes is gone too. 

His HS coach wouldn't say that unless he felt pretty much he is gone.    Tommie Frazier has a brother at Manatee and he is the running backs coach, so he may be helping the NU guys as well.   

• Content Count:  1,240

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USNE0283?from=today_topnav_BusinessTravel

High of 39 today, low of 26, cloudy

Sunday will be windy, partly cloudy, high 35 low 24

i hope he stays till monday, it will be 28/13, cloudy and windy

• Content Count:  1,251

One of the Nebraska coaches is saying Carnes will not play at USF. But I am not sure about what he knows of he situation from talking to Carnes vs wishful thinking.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100122/BIGRED/701229821/0/FRONTPAGE

Carnes is headed north on Saturday. He'll catch a flight this afternoon, Manatee High School quarterbacks coach Chris Conboy said, after taking the SAT this morning.

The 6-foot, 180-pound Carnes started 51 games over four years at Manatee, the school that sent All-American Tommie Frazier to Lincoln in 1992. Carnes and Frazier, in fact, are cousins, and Tommie's brother, Rod, coaches the running backs at Manatee.

Nebraska showed some early recruiting interest in Carnes, rated as a four-star prospect by rivals and the No. 7 dual-threat quarterback. They lost contact when Carnes committed to South Florida and the Huskers accepted a pledge from Tyler Gabbert of Ballwin, Mo.

Gabbert later defected to Missouri, and Carnes backed away from South Florida when coach Jim Leavitt was fired this month. The QB visited USF last week, but it looks like he'll play elsewhere in college, Conboy said.

“It's not the same,†the coach said. “They've got a pretty big hill to climb to get back into it.â€

losing carnes, chandler, and sanders would be devasting.....i would be really disappointed in holtz if we lost all three

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

i would be really disappointed in holtz if we lost all three

You can't blame it on Coach Holtz

• Content Count:  4,879

holtz will be judged on next year's class

• Content Count:  2,523

USF is still a great place to play and if holtz can sell well there's no reason not to beat out Nebraska.  This isn't Nebraska back in the 90s and it's frigging Nebraska where family will have to watch on tv.  We still have huge advantages and I do think it says something about his ability to recruit.  With the other guys he gets a pass bc they were never solid nor is there a better opportunity.  #2 qb at a bcs school an hour from home?  Ask yourself, would carnes be making that flight if he could sell his vision like meyer? 

Archived