• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For the people worried about Carnes...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

Apparently Sanders is supposed to commit to USC this weekend according to Rivals and Neb probably picks up Carnes. Will probably be a signing day thing.

What evidence is there that nebraska will pick him up. The most recent stories have him reiterating that we are his number 1. Sure, anything can happen, but I havent seen anything hinting towards nebraska

Just passing on what I hear. My roommate runs a huge national recruiting site and is connected with the big recruiting guys all over.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10

Makes sense, they both are probably upset with the changes.    Let's see if Sanders commits to South Carolina this weekend.  If that domino falls, I will start to believe this, otherwise it is not worth anything.    USC means South Carolina and So Cal, correct?

Question??? abababa    You just happen to be roommates with a guy who runs a huge recruiting site?    What are the odds that we get all of that knowledge here from you?  I say they are a million to one.    Where does Seatrunk sign???  Let's see if you can pull that out of your

roommates hat.  I have my hunches with my best friend, whose other good friend is a temp at Rivals. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Alonso's Bennett wins Guy Toph Award

In the past two seasons, Alonso's C.J. Bennett has been one of the top quarterbacks in Hillsborough County. On Thursday morning, Bennett was honored as one of the county's top athletes.

Bennett received the Guy Toph Award, given to the county's top football player at a ceremony honoring fall sports athletes. This past season, Bennett helped lead his Ravens team to the postseason for the second-consecutive year where Alonso recorded its first football playoff victory in school history.

As a senior, Bennett was the county's second-leading passer with 2,385 yards and 27 touchdowns. Bennett's award also reflected his status as a top student.

During the football season, Bennett was featured on a reality TV show called "The Ride" that featured eight quarterbacks from across the county competitng for a spot in the U.S. Army All-American Game. Bennett made it to the finals of the competition.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/21/alonsos-bennett-wins-guy-toph-award/sports-prepsports/

I wouldn't cry seeing him play. I remember him against Chamberlain form the past two seasons, and he isn't a bum.

He is visiting USF this weekend:

Guy Toph winner Bennett closer to decision

Posted on Thursday, Jan. 21, 2010 at 4:46 p.m.

Alonso quarterback C.J. Bennett received an honor Thursday that will forever connect his name with some of the top high school football players in Hillsborough County -- Guy Toph Award winner.

Bennett who threw for more than 5,400 yards and 56 touchdowns in his final two seasons of high school is still muddling through the recruiting process, but it appears to be coming to a happy conclusion.

Bennett visited Wyoming this past week, and he said he's eliminated the Cowboys from consideration. This weekend he will visit USF, which has long been his dream school.

He doesn't expect to get an offer on the visit, as new USF coach Skip Holtz is expected to try to lure his ECU commits to Florida and is still holding out for Bradenton Manatee QB Brion Carnes. That leaves Bennett in a holding pattern if he truly wants to wait out for USF.

Bennett will make an official visit to South Alabama the next weekend. He made an unofficial visit there earlier this month.

-- EDUARDO A. ENCINA (eencina@sptimes.com)

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting/2010/jan/21/guy-toph-winner-bennett-closer-decision/

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Sanders gives a verbal to the Gamecocks this weekend. I think he was leaning to Spurrier even before Leavitt was fired. I believe he still has a visit scheduled with WVU, but I don't know his current interest in them.

If Sanders verbals to some other school, I don't expect it will have much impact on Carnes decision. Carnes was always a solid verbal and Sanders has always been playing the field.

• Content Count:  49

From the one video that I could find of Bennett, he looks to be a better option for us than Carnes.  Granted i could only find a couple of videos on Carnes.  Bennett comes off as a better player to me...

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Carnes committed a long time ago when BJ was an unknown.  Though BJ gets attacked a little bit on this board, his FR season was better, in many ways, then MG's junior season.

IMO, over the course of the 2009 season, this became a tough year for USF to recruit a QB because prep QB's estimate they may get their position switched or get benched for three years while BJ breaks all of MG's records (he's on pace).

It certainly doesn't help that our coach slapped a kid around and got fired and that, from the fallout, our locker room looks like there is divisions among the players.  Then we get a new coach and staff (for the most part) and ask them to pull a rabbit out of a hat in two weeks time.

Whether Carnes comes or goes, I personally can't wait for NLI day to get here already.  This recruiting period has been totally about crisis mode.  Not fun if you are a bulls fanatic.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Carnes has had offers from Georgia, Nebraska and Clemson among others to play QB.  Bennet had Wyoming.  Most think Carnes is better.  The issue for carnes won't be physical, it will be taking the next step mentally.

Not to say I would not want Bennet here, because he could develop.

• Content Count:  10

Carnes does have some family ties to Nebraska.  His blood brother J. Young has gone on record to say that he would not let him come here.  I haven't heard if he has changed his tune. J. Young is on record as saying the old coach did nothing wrong and he was sitting right in front of where it happened. 

South Carolina sounds like he will get Sanders this weekend and possibly another great RB this weekend too. 

If Carnes feels good in Nebraska and gets past the weather, he may want to leave.   

Tampa or Lincoln???  This may come down to this!!!

Carnes does have some family ties to Nebraska.  His blood brother J. Young has gone on record to say that he would not let him come here.  I haven't heard if he has changed his tune. J. Young is on record as saying the old coach did nothing wrong and he was sitting right in front of where it happened. 

South Carolina sounds like he will get Sanders this weekend and possibly another great RB this weekend too. 

If Carnes feels good in Nebraska and gets past the weather, he may want to leave.   

Tampa or Lincoln???   This may come down to this!!!

I read somewhere that J Young has backpedaled on that since Holtz was hired. He now appears to be in the fold and will be staying with the team. I can't imagine that he wouldn't want Carnes with him at this point. 

Tampa or Lincoln???   This may come down to this!!!

I read somewhere that J Young has backpedaled on that since Holtz was hired. He now appears to be in the fold and will be staying with the team. I can't imagine that he wouldn't want Carnes with him at this point. 

From Greg Auman yesterday in his chat:

2:00  [Comment From Wesley Chapel BullWesley Chapel Bull: ]

I thought Jerrell Young was slated to be the starting free safey next year with Lejiste the starting strong. Have they been dissapointed with Jerrells play when healthy, or have you heard jerrell might be transferring? 

Thursday January 21, 2010 2:00 Wesley Chapel Bull

2:01  Young was limited by the broken arm, but I think he'll be a starter in the fall. He had said there was a chance he would transfer if Leavitt was fired, but I've talked to him and his mother in the past week, and I think he'll be staying at USF. Young was very close to Leavitt, so I understand him being upset. Not positive which safeties are a match for which spot in terms of strong vs. free ... 

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/01/thursday-chat-live-with-greg-auman.html

Archived