• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For the people worried about Carnes...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

With Canales getting the boot, it might now be harder to keep Carnes.

We might end up having to take a quality JUCO QB as an insurance policy for this year.

This is a concern.  Wasn't it Chico that was recruiting him rather than Franks?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

I meant to type E Landi. I hope they can fiz this board to restore the editing feature. I need it badly. LOL

Is there a reason why that permission is turned off here?

They are trying to fix the problem.

They just have to check a box. My roommate runs a huge SMF site and I've played around on it some and its real easy.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

With Canales getting the boot, it might now be harder to keep Carnes.

We might end up having to take a quality JUCO QB as an insurance policy for this year.

This is a concern.  Wasn't it Chico that was recruiting him rather than Franks?

Apparently, he likes our new QB coach Peter Vass:

From a thread on an NU board:

HuskerBruin 

Starter (501-700 Posts)

Group: Members Posts: 644 Joined: 27-October 07 Posted Today, 09:06 AM

Taylor, on 21 January 2010 - 12:33 AM, said:

He also said that he has been texting Tommie alot, and that Tommie said he really approves of the coaching staff at nebraska.

So that's the good news. But the bad news comes in the form of the following quotes coming from his recent interview with Rivals:

"USF is still my number one school. Getting to know coach (Skip) Holtz was an honor last weekend and their new quarterback coach, coach (Peter) Vaas, was great too. He's real cool and I was able to learn a lot about them."

"I didn't get a chance to catch a lot of [Nebraska's] games this past season so part of the plan for this weekend is for me to watch some film of their offense to get a better feel for how I'd fit in."

I'm guessing this weekend's film session with Brion will go a little something like this. Watson: "And once again, that play would've worked if you were the QB."

• Content Count:  1,633

Alonso's Bennett wins Guy Toph Award

In the past two seasons, Alonso's C.J. Bennett has been one of the top quarterbacks in Hillsborough County. On Thursday morning, Bennett was honored as one of the county's top athletes.

Bennett received the Guy Toph Award, given to the county's top football player at a ceremony honoring fall sports athletes. This past season, Bennett helped lead his Ravens team to the postseason for the second-consecutive year where Alonso recorded its first football playoff victory in school history.

As a senior, Bennett was the county's second-leading passer with 2,385 yards and 27 touchdowns. Bennett's award also reflected his status as a top student.

During the football season, Bennett was featured on a reality TV show called "The Ride" that featured eight quarterbacks from across the county competitng for a spot in the U.S. Army All-American Game. Bennett made it to the finals of the competition.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/21/alonsos-bennett-wins-guy-toph-award/sports-prepsports/

I wouldn't cry seeing him play. I remember him against Chamberlain form the past two seasons, and he isn't a bum.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Coach Holtz is apparently visiting with both Carnes and Sanders this evening, so hope that goes well on both visits.

• Content Count:  10

Any word on his visit to their school today?  Looks like Carnes is heading to see Nebraska this weekend. 

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Carnes still has us at #1, but he is going to Nebraska. He met with Coach Holtz last night, so I was mistaken when that meeting was.

• Content Count:  259

Apparently Sanders is supposed to commit to USC this weekend according to Rivals and Neb probably picks up Carnes. Will probably be a signing day thing.

• Content Count:  1,757

Apparently Sanders is supposed to commit to USC this weekend according to Rivals and Neb probably picks up Carnes. Will probably be a signing day thing.

What evidence is there that nebraska will pick him up. The most recent stories have him reiterating that we are his number 1. Sure, anything can happen, but I havent seen anything hinting towards nebraska

Archived