• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oh no. This isn't good. (McCarney)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Just to note...he took Iowa State to more bowls than they had ever been to

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Iowa st like said is a crap program, I would be ok with McCarney.

Not my first choice but not a bad one.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I seriously doubt he will take us to the next level. Isn't that what we wanted? This is a serious gamble.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Lets hope they are wrong. They've been right the last couple of times:

South Florida:

Our sources have confirmed that Interim Head Coach Carl Franks and Offensive Coordinator Mike Canales have interviewed for the vacant Head Coach

position.  According to our sources, FootballCoachScoop has learned that Dan McCarney (Florida Defensive Line) is most likely the next Head Coach.

Edit: I realize this is my opinion some of you loved the idea of McCarney being our coach. We'll see what happens.

Where did you read this?

• Content Count:  7,693

56-85 at one of the worst college football programs ever...the guy won at Iowa State.

I would hardly call barely reaching 7 wins "winning" at Iowa State... his record is 56-85... he has a worse record then Leavitt did here. This hire would make zero sense.

If USF hires him then this entire thing was one big act to save money.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I seriously doubt he will take us to the next level. Isn't that what we wanted? This is a serious gamble.

I actually see this as the absolute safest coach we could hire, not a gamble at all. He has been recruiting Florida hard for the last 3+ years. He knows some of our players, and they will vouch for him with the players that do not know him. He worked wonders with our DL in 2007.

I would rather have Gus Malzahn or Terry Bowden, but McCarney is far from a gamble in my mind.

• Content Count:  228
  • Days Won:  0

Once again, we do not need a WIFE BEATER!

Contact Kirby Smart ASAP!

• Content Count:  7,693

I actually see this as the absolute safest coach we could hire, not a gamble at all. He has been recruiting Florida hard for the last 3+ years. He knows some of our players, and they will vouch for him with the players that do not know him. He worked wonders with our DL in 2007.

I would rather have Gus Malzahn or Terry Bowden, but McCarney is far from a gamble in my mind.

McCarney or the other guy at Michigan are both serious gambles to save money... he is a failure at head coach and also he only has recruiting experience with defensive linemen only while at UF he has zero experience or connections with recruting other positions... take him away from UF and Meyers coat tales and I doubt he would be able to maintain the same level of recruits.

This would be a major step backwards for USF.

• Content Count:  1,304

McCarney would be a great hire. Who was the D-line coach during Selvie's fantastic '07 year? McCarney. Has something been missing since then?

He won at a horrible, horrible school. He now has more cred with recruits working for Florida. I think he should be our obvious #1 choice.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

If USF does something this stupid then Judy and Doug need to just turn in their resignations now and save everyone the trouble later... we don't need some amateur coming in here that has no head coaching experience.

epic fail buddy.

might want to look at the product he put on the field in 07.  Selvie and his double digit sacks.

he is an easy choice to salvage recruiting.  maybe not the best overall choice though

Archived