• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Disturbing Rumor

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Don't believe it. Everyone played hard at UCONN

Exactly .... that was one of the better played games last year considering the conditions .... which makes you wonder how a team could function like that considering their exposure to such a brutal display of physical abuse just weeks before in their lockerroom.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

MAYBE a select few, but didn't impact the game.  I do know someone who is close to a football player that is in my class.  when we found out in school she was absolutely ecstatic.  But the person she knows is also a walk on.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

It depends on what several players threw the game. If it was the disgrunted players that didnt like Leavitt, then it is believable. I doubt that they played enough in the game to have any impact on the outcome though.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I know we are tearing apart the Leavitt report right now, and that many of us are saying its mostly hear-say. Well, in keeping with using hear-say as evidence, I just heard something that really makes my stomach turn. Several players told someone I know that they threw the last two regular season games in an attempt to get Leavitt fired.  If this is true, then we have a conspiracy by players to get Leavitt out, and making this ordeal even more complex. I pray that this is not true, but it is something that Athletics should seriously look into.

Where did you hear this...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

I know we are tearing apart the Leavitt report right now, and that many of us are saying its mostly hear-say. Well, in keeping with using hear-say as evidence, I just heard something that really makes my stomach turn. Several players told someone I know that they threw the last two regular season games in an attempt to get Leavitt fired.  If this is true, then we have a conspiracy by players to get Leavitt out, and making this ordeal even more complex. I pray that this is not true, but it is something that Athletics should seriously look into.

Where did you hear this...

Fanhouse.com ... ?

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

worst rumor ever.

Or we have the dumbest players ever.

Im betting on worst rumor

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Ummmm actually I heard this from SEVERAL people close to the program. And NO I will not divulge sources, you can assume they are dust if you wish. I heard a group of players, mostly seniors, DID try to throw those games, and the only reason we were in the UCONN game is because BJ Daniels took the game on his shoulders and made stuff happen.

I repeat - this is NOT the dumbest rumor ever....

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

I was told the same thing while in Toronto probably from the same source; however, I did not believe it.

What I was told was that all the starting seniors were throwing the last 2 games because they hated Leavitt.  Obviously, that makes no bloody sense.  Think about it, Allen, Murphy, Selvie, Kion, ect playing bad to lose... it doesn't add it.  These guys want to make it to the next level, they wouldn't have been throwing the game.  It's come out that several starting seniors are pretty upset about the firing.

ALSO....supposedly 20+ players came out talking against Jim; which after reading the article is 2 or 3.

So I don't buy it and neither should anyone here.

IF indeed this were true, it would make me sick and pissed.  I would be spending money on USF football and the players would be throwing the game...sounds great.

Archived