• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Disturbing Rumor

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

In my eyes that UM game should have been a sign. If you were playing the U at home don't you think this team would have came out of the gate better? They looked as flat as I had seen them ALL season. Then the second half they actually were competing. What gives? It seemed very odd to me that game that we were being blown off the ball by an inferior team. They were not anything special, watch the game again and you will see what I am talking about. NO ONE came out in the first half wanting to play. But it is all done with and hopefully I never see a TEAM play a RIVAL like that again!!!! I was so upset, our 2006(?) team played them better than that and we didn't even have an offense!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow...

• Content Count:  4,016

It did not happen.  Maybe someone is mistaking 'motivated to play' for 'throwing games, or intentionally losing', and for that they need to be 'b-slapped'.

Funny because JPP has praised Leavitt the entire draft process, and ditto for Allen....and now they're throwing games to get rid of him?  Losing those games would have no impact on his existence, it was not relevant to the investigation....not to mention at the time of those games there was absolutely no investigation going on so throwing those games could only have served to penalize the player and team...i.e. play bad and you risked getting benched, for a team and coach that when we played Miami, and Uconn...no one had an idea would be fired, there wasn't an investigation, there wasn't a McTurd article, there was just rumors floating about the incident.

Also be careful such proposterous rumors over the internet- even if 'a couple sources told you'.  Do you realize the ramifications of what you're insinuating without a shred of fact, and only some hearsay, probably told over casual conversation?  This is blasphamy, the media would have a field day with it...especially fanhouse...so if you're a 'fan' of USF, i would just leave this alone and chalk it up as another of the million rumors we've all seen and heard.  This could kill a program and Skip's tenure.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Also be careful such proposterous rumors over the internet- even if 'a couple sources told you'.  Do you realize the ramifications of what you're insinuating without a shred of fact, and only some hearsay, probably told over casual conversation?  This is blasphamy, the media would have a field day with it...especially fanhouse...so if you're a 'fan' of USF, i would just leave this alone and chalk it up as another of the million rumors we've all seen and heard.  This could kill a program and Skip's tenure.

thats a little dramatic, dont you think?  Ramifications? killing a program and Skips tenure?  cmon, youre too intelligent to believe that. 

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

It would be interesting to re-watch those last two games now. 

• Content Count:  276

In my eyes that UM game should have been a sign. If you were playing the U at home don't you think this team would have came out of the gate better? They looked as flat as I had seen them ALL season. Then the second half they actually were competing. What gives? It seemed very odd to me that game that we were being blown off the ball by an inferior team. They were not anything special, watch the game again and you will see what I am talking about. NO ONE came out in the first half wanting to play. But it is all done with and hopefully I never see a TEAM play a RIVAL like that again!!!! I was so upset, our 2006(?) team played them better than that and we didn't even have an offense!

UM and USF are not rivals.

• Content Count:  509

Doesn't make sense, and I won't believe it until it is reported by respectable media.

They played hard against UConn and won the Bowl game. Miami was just that much better then us last year, and it wouldn't be the first time that we would come out flat for a big game. Now if you told me that they threw the Rutgers game maybe then I would believe it ;D

I think it best to put all this behind us and look forward to spring traing and next season!

Need to be carefull with rumors regarding to posting them for the whole world to read!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Did you watch the game? Did you see the size of their linemen compared to ours? .... "Inferior team", that's ludacris... and the UConn was one of our better played games considering the circunstances. That rumor is a joke .... besides, the BM has a direct line to the biggest malcontents on the team. We would have heard something from him if nowhere else.

• Content Count:  1,757

With the ohh-so in-depth investigation that athletics performed in the first place, do you really expect them to even look into this?  Seriously? 

As for the interational bowl, it's freakin' NIU we're talking about for god's sake.  It'd be extremely hard if not impossible to lose to them even trying hard to.

Archived