• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If USF is such a great job.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

All I know is that Tommy Tubberville needs to / MUST be interviewed.

Look at his history.

1) Built an undefeated team at Auburn.

2) Had consistent success in the ultra competetive SEC.

3) Turned Ole Miss into a consistent bowl team.

4) Was Miami's D-Coordinator during some of the Canes Glory days.

5) Has always recruited Florida hard and well where ever he has been.

6) Has ties to all Florida High School coaches.

7) Good "calm" CEO type coach.

I believe that he would jump at the chance to get back in Florida. He knows that he can compete on the National stage with the talent in the Sunshine State.

Woolard make the CALL!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Look at his history.

I believe that he would jump at the chance to get back in Florida. He knows that he can compete on the National stage with the talent in the Sunshine State.

Woolard make the CALL!

I think he would be a good hire for the program, just not sure how long term he would be.

I think we need more a big name coach, because the risk of a unknown coach could set the program back many years if they aren't successful.

At a big time program they can always replace the coach with another coach but they have there name to fall back on, USF doesn't have that luxury.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Woolard make the CALL!

Can't agree more!!

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

My main negative for McCarney is that I don't see him long term.

That's my negative for anyone who is hired.

• Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The future is NOW...I could care less about long term. It is up the University to keep the coaches it hires. We are not some backwoods program.

• Content Count:  1,757

Look at his history.

Woolard make the CALL!

I think he would be a good hire for the program, just not sure how long term he would be.

I think we need more a big name coach, because the risk of a unknown coach could set the program back many years if they aren't successful.

At a big time program they can always replace the coach with another coach but they have there name to fall back on, USF doesn't have that luxury.

Who would be a bigger name than Tuberville that we could afford?0Unless you havent followed college football that long, Tuberville is a big name

• Content Count:  132

Would USF want anyone associated with Leavitt after this incident? I think we would have to search for someone outside of the Leavitt "tree" thus eliminating Magee.

I'm sure they already scratched Bob Stoops off also  ::)

Stoops is not being conisdered. It was just a commnet, no need to be a smartass about it.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

All the speculation is funny. Like the Leavitt process that led to his dismissal, there will also be a hiring process for each of the coaches. Everyone reads too much into what Ivan Maisel is saying on ESPN. Just because Calvin, Tubs, Doug Williams, etc. are whom Maisel, Auman, and the rest of the media horde see as the best available coaches, Woolard will keep this search relatively guarded until he has a clear sense of direction. Honestly, if you're not in a tight knit coaching circle, you don't have a big check to write to USF, or you're not currently playing at USF, it's just wasted time worrying over nothing. Let the process figure itself out and then give the coach your support. I'm not asking for blind support obviously... but let's give the guy and his staff a chance (our situation due to our location is different than a coach who might have struggled in Iowa or Buffalo or Ohio). We have a lot of talent still lining up on our sidelines and the depths of talent in the state are phenominal. 

Next year is going to be a rough season. The transition will not be smooth. Some kids are going to dislike this coach and trash him like certain Michigan players did Rich Rod. Couple that with having Miami on the road... UF on the road... A Big East schedule that hasn't been kind to us. We're definitely going to have player defections (although what you'll really see is that the core group is not going anywhere - they play for the institution and themselves, not a coach per se). The media is only going to magnify that player X left and attribute it to the current coaching situation. Maybe player X was a Leavitt favorite. What outsiders don't realize is that player X might not be as great as his Rivals ranking indicated or so great for our next coach's offense (Carlton Hill was ranked pretty high, but he didn't pan out - we will have defections like this across the board IMO). If a BJ Daniels type player transfers out because our next coach becomes run orientied, we have to give the coach an opportunity to run his style of play. Who knows... we could end up with a Tommy Frazier type player (hopefully not the trouble though obviously).

I think something else that will make or break this current team is whether or not the coach is a uniform disciplanarian (do we need RMC dictatorship - no, that is too extreme). However, if someone who is a starter breaks curfew the week of a big game (and yes, this has happened and it got swept under the rug under the last regime), will the new coach sac up and give him the same treatment that he would give to the likes of a walk-on player or a schollie player who is wallowing away on the bench? The standards cannot be different for individual players on the team (unfortunately, this has created some division among the current team because of the Jekyll and Hyde standards for certain players). The players know when the accountability standards are different... and it shows on the field.

Every team has that one player that is a cancer. If the coach can identify the player who is that cancer, it would be in his best interest to straighten him out, or dismiss him immediately. We had one receiver back when I was on the team that brought attitudes down tremendously. The kid consistently was coked up when he played and practiced (he was a starter at times when he wasn't suspended and had more potential than you could imagine - he was better than DeAndrew Rubin or at least on the same level). This player however was a straight up thug that had no reason of ever being admitted to USF (and I kinda like the thug life, but this kid pushed limits that even I couldn't handle). After multiple arrests, he finally got tossed off the team. It was amazing how much closer our core group got and how much smoother things ran.   

Let Woolard figure this out. He is closer to the pulse of the program than we are. Let's just hold our breath and hope it works out for the best. Either way... programs are like roller coasters. UF has had its ups and downs over the last 20 years. So has Bama (remember UCF beat them not too long ago). So has Texas... USC is about to hit another low valley. I will suck up a low valley if I know the future is potentially brighter than these previous endings of the last three seasons. We're not far away... but sometimes we have to take one step backwards to move two steps forward.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Look at his history.

Woolard make the CALL!

Who would be a bigger name than Tuberville that we could afford?0Unless you havent followed college football that long, Tuberville is a big name

I wasn't saying Tuberville wasn't a big name, just stating we need to go after a Tuberville or a Bowden over a asst coach.

Archived