• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If USF is such a great job.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Would an older fella like Tubberville want to move on after just a few years? He is a little "long in the tooth" and I cant see him moving from job to job. It would make more sense to get into a job, at an established school(like USF) and stay there until you retire.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,879

My main negative for McCarney is that I don't see him long term.

That's my negative for anyone who is hired.

Then you should be a big McCarney proponent.  At 56, this would very likely be his last HC gig and he has a home in Sarasota.  Could easily have a good 10 years with McC.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Sheriff,

great stuff agree 100%

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Would an older fella like Tubberville want to move on after just a few years? He is a little "long in the tooth" and I cant see him moving from job to job. It would make more sense to get into a job, at an established school(like USF) and stay there until you retire.

I agree with that assessment...

Also both Terry and Tommy Bowden would not be apt to jumping ship for greener pastures.

• Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

All I know is that Tommy Tubberville needs to / MUST be interviewed.

Look at his history.

1) Built an undefeated team at Auburn.

2) Had consistent success in the ultra competetive SEC.

3) Turned Ole Miss into a consistent bowl team.

4) Was Miami's D-Coordinator during some of the Canes Glory days.

5) Has always recruited Florida hard and well where ever he has been.

6) Has ties to all Florida High School coaches.

7) Good "calm" CEO type coach.

I believe that he would jump at the chance to get back in Florida. He knows that he can compete on the National stage with the talent in the Sunshine State.

Woolard make the CALL!

And somehow he turned Auburn into a crap team that has yet to rise to where it was. He also fired one of his key coordinators at the worse time just like Raheem Morris did. He has lost it. He left the team a mess when he resigned (before getting fired-which rumors had it that Leavitt was trying to do that). Move on.

More on TT from ESPN:

Auburn's offense sputtered badly the past two seasons. Tuberville gambled with the hire of Franklin and a departure from the team's more traditional, run-oriented attack, going to the no-huddle, spread at a school noted for turning out NFL-caliber tailbacks.

Tigers finished 11th in the Southeastern Conference and 110th of 119 teams in scoring offense, and a midstream switch back to the smashmouth style didn't help.

The biggest problems all were evident in the season finale against Alabama. The Tigers had three turnovers and never got clicking behind sophomore quarterback Kodi Burns while a talented defense that kept getting put back out on the field sputtered. It was the first time Auburn had been shut out in 75 games, dating back to a 23-0 loss to Southern California to open the 2003 season. It was also the Tigers' worst loss to the Crimson Tide since a 38-0 defeat in 1962, and ended Auburn's six-game winning streak against its rival.

• Content Count:  4,879

TT goes to TT

Archived