• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JIM LEAVITT TRIBUTE/THANKS THREADS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Much love to CJL for everything he did for us, and the Tampa Bay area in building us a hometown college football team. Tampa is a little bit more of a "city" because of it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  377

Thank you for all of the years you spent building this program from the ground. I highly doubt any other coach could have gotten us this far this fast.  You will be missed!

Guest nybullsfan

Jim, thanks for the memories!

You really put USF on the national map, and you will always be remembered as the "father" of the program.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do next!

• Content Count:  1,142

I just can't wait to see the report & reason for the firing.

I am a BIG Leavitt supporter and would be SHOCKED if he choked and hit a kid twice.

+1

Heartbroken...(even if it is only a game!)  This man is too AWESOME for words!

• Content Count:  12,293

thank you for the hours that you put in over the years and the passion you had for USF football.

hopefully whoever comes in behind you can take the work you have built and bring it to the next level.

best of luck to you in your career.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Thanks Jim for all the work you did ...  I'm shocked you are actually gone, but I hope you are able to land on your feet somewhere.  

• Content Count:  185

I want to thank Coach Jim Leavitt for his undying love and dedication to the University of South Florida and the Bulls Football Program.  Coach Leavitt gave all of his blood, sweat and tears to make USF where it is today and we should all honor what this man has given the school over his 13 years.  As a former football team manager, I can attest to the love that Coach Leavitt had for his players(family) and this program.  The man is the embodiment of a SOUTH FLORIDA BULL and hopefully will be remembered as such.  I will admit that at times, I thought Coach Leavitt had hit a wall as coach and that USF needed to make a change, but I never wanted to see the father of our program go down like this.  This news of his impending firing has me deeply saddened.  I, too, was with Faza in the regard that USF could one day have an on-campus stadium and that the field would be named in Coach Leavitt's honor.  I have always considered Coach Leavitt to be a friend and a great man and he always will be to me.  I hope Coach Leavitt is able to land on his feet and continue his career and I am still shocked that any of the reported events were perpetuated by Coach Leavitt.  

Let's all raise a bottle of Pepsi(any size, but Coach Leavitt preferred 2 liters) and Salute Coach Jim Leavitt for everything he has done for the USF Football Program and the University of South Florida.  THANK YOU COACH LEAVITT!!!!!!!!

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I haven't said a word about any of this mess, waiting for it to unfold. Today, my fears have come to fruition with the firing of CJL. I've known Leavitt for the past 8 years as being a straight-forward and honorable man who didn't take much **** from anybody (especially his detractors). I respected him and his vision, as he understood the grass-root aspects of building something from nothing. From what I knew of him, football was much more than a job for him. He worked tirelessly on building the program and always put his players first.  All of us were lucky that he was so personal with fans of the program and he will be sorely missed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Leavitt IS the F'n GODFATHER of USF Football.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Keep your head up coach, and if in your heart you feel you did nothing wrong, walk proudly into your next position. I, for one, believe in what you have accomplished and stand for. No one can ever take away the passion and love you've shown to all of us as fans.

GO BULLS

FINISH STRONG

Archived