• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JIM LEAVITT TRIBUTE/THANKS THREADS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Since Dec. 1996, Coach Jim Leavitt has been the face of South Florida Football. He built the program from trailers on the side of the road into a BCS program which is annually ranked and has acheived a postseason bid every year since being in the Big East. It is one of my life ambitions to afford an on-campus stadium for USF, and he is the man I wanted to name the field/OCS after. I am heartbroken to hear news that he's no longer coach at USF. I'm certain it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't merited, but this event does not take from what Coach Jim Leavitt achieved at the University of South Florida, and 13 years of football will be his legacy. It came to an end in a way that none of us wanted to see. I think there are a bunch of folks out there who didn't like him for various reasons, but now that he's gone, there's no reason to keep blaring your negative opinions about him. Honor him, no more hate. Jim Leavitt will be sorely missed at USF, and anything said to suggest anything else at this point will be disrespectful and distasteful.

In Bull Pride,

FazaUSF

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

We can all agree that USF Football would not be where it is at without CJL. Allthough I wanted him gone, and I think it is the best move for the program. I hope someday we can honor him at USF. Good Luck Coach.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Days Won:  0

Since Dec. 1996, Coach Jim Leavitt has been the face of South Florida Football. He built the program from trailers on the side of the road into a BCS program which is annually ranked and has acheived a postseason bid every year since being in the Big East. It is one of my life ambitions to afford an on-campus stadium for USF, and he is the man I wanted to name the field/OCS after. I am heartbroken to hear news that he's no longer coach at USF. I'm certain it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't merited, but this event does not take from what Coach Jim Leavitt achieved at the University of South Florida, and 13 years of football will be his legacy. It came to an end in a way that none of us wanted to see. I think there are a bunch of folks out there who didn't like him for various reasons, but now that he's gone, there's no reason to keep blaring your negative opinions about him. Honor him, no more hate. Jim Leavitt will be sorely missed at USF, and anything said to suggest anything else at this point will be disrespectful and distasteful.

In Bull Pride,

FazaUSF

Well said!

• Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I just can't wait to see the report & reason for the firing.

I am a BIG Leavitt supporter and would be SHOCKED if he choked and hit a kid twice.

• Content Count:  7,890

As a former player, Alumni, and  Fan THANK YOU for everything you did for USF :'(

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Your hard work and passion built this program. I am sorry to see you leave in this manner, but it will never take away what you have meant for this program or the University of South Florida. Good luck, I know you will be successful in whatever venture you choose.

• Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Although what he (allegedly, I'm still in denial) did is inexecusable, Leavitt has always been about the fans. He'd always stay late on fan day and never turned me down for an autograph. His passion was second to none and I thank him for all he's done for Bulls' football.

• Content Count:  5,241

I think Leavitt for his undying loyalty and passion to the program. To do what he did in such a short amount of time is unmatched in any sport.

• Content Count:  1,400

In Bull Pride,

FazaUSF

+1 :clap

• Content Count:  66

I just hope he sues for the remainder of his contract. I won't have any hard feelings for that. Coaching contracts seems to mean nothing anymore.

Archived