• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you think JPP will go Pro?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i think you guys are confused about this whole deal

If JPP has ANY chance of being selected on the first day he should go.

We are dealing in MILLIONS of dollars with a 1st or 2nd round pick. There is absolutely NO reason to go back to school and risk injury or a statistical let down. Dont think about USF, put yourself in his shoes.

Coming back, the hope is that he could become a better player... but how much higher on the draft board could he rise?

JPP is a physical freak and when scouts get to work him out they will be clamouring about his size and ability.

JPP needs to strike while the iron is hot.

[JPP] what's this WE ****? [/JPP]

in my sleep i dream about being JPP

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We are dealing in MILLIONS of dollars with a 1st or 2nd round pick. There is absolutely NO reason to go back to school and risk injury or a statistical let down. Dont think about USF, put yourself in his shoes.

Coming back, the hope is that he could become a better player... but how much higher on the draft board could he rise?

JPP is a physical freak and when scouts get to work him out they will be clamouring about his size and ability.

He won't go on the first day.  Hes a true DE (not a 3-4olb, which limits his suitors) who has limited film and average production.  Also there are quite a few physical freaks coming out in this class so it won't be that big of a deal IMO.  When you get deep classes like this teams tend to wait a bit longer after the top 10 pick type of guys due to the depth of the draft.  Why draft a guy that has 5 others like him in the 1st or second when you can get just as much value later in the draft.  JPP is a freak type player for USF but when it comes to NFL readyness at DE hes a project (only been playing football for like 3-4 years)  I think JPP would be costing himself millions by coming out. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think he stays.  He barely made it in time for this season to start.  The whole thing was like a blur, and he was learning on the fly.  He has a lot of work to do before he's really ready to go.  He'd be more of a project this year, he simply hasn't played enough football in his life yet.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

While Kiper has him in the top-20 on his Big Board, he also says he should stay in school...

mainly because he needs a little more coaching.  A freak of nature, but very raw.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

He won't go on the first day.  Hes a true DE (not a 3-4olb, which limits his suitors) who has limited film and average production.  Also there are quite a few physical freaks coming out in this class so it won't be that big of a deal IMO.  When you get deep classes like this teams tend to wait a bit longer after the top 10 pick type of guys due to the depth of the draft.  Why draft a guy that has 5 others like him in the 1st or second when you can get just as much value later in the draft.  JPP is a freak type player for USF but when it comes to NFL readyness at DE hes a project (only been playing football for like 3-4 years)  I think JPP would be costing himself millions by coming out. 

when you are in Kipers top 20 you are a first day pick... sorry

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

mainly because he needs a little more coaching.  A freak of nature, but very raw.

Good point. He was improving his moves throughout the season. He made a great inside out move on Davis from Rutgers and blew right past him. One more year in school will do him a world of good.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

when you are in Kipers top 20 you are a first day pick... sorry

The week before the draft maybe but not in December.  Also Kiper is nothing more than a guy that was at the right place and right time, he's who people think about when they think draft "expert" but he really isn't that good.  Kiper has a pretty bad track record and McShay violation allllllll over him and thats just one guy on the same site.  I believe Kiper also said Ryan Leaf would be a better pro QB than Peyton Manning......... 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

My 2 cents. The Dline play hasn't been the same since McCarney left for the same position at UF. Therefore I don't see how much improvement JPP will have. He only came here for one reason, to play THIS year, get some film down and get into the draft. Go make that money!

BTW, Selvie was draft eligible after his sophmore year because he was a redshirt. Should have left then. Learn your craft as your are making millions.

Archived