• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you think JPP will go Pro?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I looked around a few up to date 2010 mock draft boards and it looks like although his stock has dropped a little bit, as of right now he is still projected to go in the top 2 rounds. Possible late 1st rounder to late 2nd rounder. Most people are impressed with his speed and wingspan. Many think he would be a good rushing LB in a 3-4 defense. So if that is the case does he forgo his senior year? I am sure Selvie wishes he left as a sophomore (although I don't know if he was eligible in 07').

I have a bad feeling JPP will be gone and although I know we have more young horses at a deep DE position he would be missed. What are your thoughts? As the Clash said once: Should He stay or Should he go?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

He should go. There is a good chance that the NFL is going to implement a Rookie Salary Cap. If he is a 1st or 2nd round pick, he would be a fool to stay in school.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

He should go. There is a good chance that the NFL is going to implement a Rookie Salary Cap. If he is a 1st or 2nd round pick, he would be a fool to stay in school.

this

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He will not go in the first 2 rounds and he should stay.   As long as he's productive next season he should be a easy first round selection and even with a rookie cap it will trump anything he would have got coming out this season.  This is a very very deep, athletic, and productive DE Class coming out ,so quality film and bringing it every game will go a long way to see who goes on the first day. 

Edit: Im also not sold on him being a 3-4olb. 

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

he should ask his fellow linemate George Selvie what he thinks he should do. 

• Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

selvie was a soph he made the right decision

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

selvie was a soph he made the right decision

Selvie cost himself atleast 5 million dollars

• Content Count:  1,204

I doubt he goes mainly because the report he'll get back from the NFL is that he's not a lock to go in the first or second round.  A strong season next year could put him into the first round whereas now he's probably a third rounder at best. 

Remember, this draft is going to be pretty loaded because so many bigger names will move in to try to capitalize.  There's no guarantee there will even be a draft next year until the CBA gets sorted out.  That might be a reason for him to go, but I think he could make more money if he stays in one way or the other.

Besides, unless he's a high pick this year he won't lose much money.  I think the second rounders and after won't get much of an impact.  The major issue will be in the first round.  I expect the NFL to go with something closer to what the NBA has with limited wiggle room in rookie contracts for the first round.  Looks like MLB is also heading that way soon to control the signing bonuses.

• Content Count:  2,726

I don't know if any of you have seen his interviews...but this kid is not the brightest bulb in the box.  He will prolly stay...  ;)

I love JPP...but man...thank god he plays football.  

WOW!

GO BULLS!!!

Archived